Jim is Dieting

My butt muscles ache. I restarted working out again and, so typically, overdid it the first day. Oddly enough it's just the muscles of my ass, not my back, or anything else. Praise be! I'll take it considering some hellish hurtings I've had in the past post starting to work out. A couple of months ago it was getting into the pool and not being able to tolerate the pressure of water on my lungs and chest. This is good forward progress.

Jim's weight has crept up since his injured shoulder. He's upset, so it's that miserable time, Jim is dieting. Jim, the guy that bought an entire case of pudding at Price Smart. I had to quip, "You know you can't juice that pudding?"

He's obsessed with this movie he saw like ten years ago "Fat, Sick and About to Die" which is basically juicing and only having the juice. It's not that juicing is bad, or does not have it's place in a diet. It's more than Jim babbles about the movie, yet then says he has no intention of juicing, that he plans on eating that same produce, yet never does.

I have done the juicing, just like in the movie, and it was helpful to skip a few meals and just juice. It was alright, I did lose some weight, but the juice recipes are too heavy with fruit, meaning it raised my blood sugar, which is my objection to Jim juicing, or just eating the produce. It's not nutritionally complete. Too much sugar.

But really I know it's just a matter of a few days before Jim is back on the pudding and potato chips. I am accommodating him right  now,  making sure there is salad and fresh chopped veggies available all the time. He fell face first into a pizza last night.

I'm not discouraging, encouraging, or anything else. I just quietly support his efforts and try to eat right myself. But for him I hold out not a  lot of hope. Wheel spinning.

I wish I could just get him to make smaller, much easier changes, like water for apple juice, and adding a salad to every meal. It's little changes daily, moderation in all things. Eat that pudding, one at a time once or twice a week, just not all four packages at once twice a day. Seems to be all or nothing with Jim and his eating habits.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Ancient History With a Crystal Ball