The Hat Dance
Apparently our little town is having their yearly fiesta complete with bull fights, fireworks and drunken locals. There are also fancy hats worn by all the ladies. I discovered this factoid driving back from music rehearsal. Horrendous traffic so I took all back roads, forded the river and avoided hitting the pedestrians on the crumbling ledge up from the river. Good times.
What wasn't such a good time was hearing at rehearsal that someone is piously griping that one of the songs in this week's lineup is 'not Biblical' This really makes me laugh because I'd venture to say that a lot of worship songs aren't. Hell, I think most of Hillsong's tunes are unBiblical.
I know who complained, and he's just another rich Republican Trump supporter with an axe to grind. So we're doing old traditional hymns mostly for the first time. Which really makes me laugh because you know where those came from? Straight from the bar room. Hymns tunes were popular drinking tunes in British ale houses with new Godly lyrics grafted on because the hymn writers wanted songs that the people knew. I wonder if the complainer knows that?
When did we all become so damn offended? I hear stuff all the time I don't necessarily agree with, but rarely feel the need to fire off an email, or complain so copiously. Except here. I limit my whining to the blog, and my doctor. A girl must have outlets.
This dude has a good case of the red ass against the pastor, but instead of maturely approaching the pastor and talking about it like an actual adult he says he's "Fine" when the pastor asks, and goes well out of his way to constantly try to undermine the guy. I have no respect for that. Man up. Stop being such a pussy and deal.
I don't always agree with much coming out of the pastor's mouth either, but the difference is I just do not care. I know my own thoughts on those subjects, nothing he's going to say is going to sway me either way and its just not worth it to get bend out of shape over someone else's opinions anyway.
I could have been offended earlier in the week when one of the Clonies tried to drum up business for her husband and his workout coaching. She linked me in a pile of ads she make for her husband. She posted a video ad she made for him which consisted of her and her identical friends talking about how awesome it is to be the same weight as high school. Then they moved on to the non-hotness of brunettes in between clips of him torturing folks to work out. I laughed, seeing yet again someone that thinks all that matter is on the surface. If I lived my life that way I would have missed out on some wonderful friends.
I work out, but I hate pain and do it in a way and level that my old bones can handle. And I gripe here when I accidentally over do it. Hello last week's butt pain!
I am not blonde. My hair is almost silver now and I have wrinkles. I earned every silver hair and wrinkle and wear them proudly. Some folks never manage to make this age.
I am not skinny though I do weight much less than I did fifteen years ago. I love to eat tasty food instead of weight loss shakes that they live on. Life is too short not to eat the stuff that tastes the best!
I also am not worried about exteriors, mine or anyone elses. You miss so much when all you look at is how something looks. Had I done that with two of my cats I would have missed the best two felines a gal could rescue. One was a little old man missing clumps of fur. The other a skinny freakishly alien looking kitten that shit everywhere. Best kitties ever. Looks are deceiving.
Be direct. Don't take offense at silly stuff you cannot change and don't worry about what others perceive when they look at you.
So amused by the behaviors of many of the expats here.
What wasn't such a good time was hearing at rehearsal that someone is piously griping that one of the songs in this week's lineup is 'not Biblical' This really makes me laugh because I'd venture to say that a lot of worship songs aren't. Hell, I think most of Hillsong's tunes are unBiblical.
I know who complained, and he's just another rich Republican Trump supporter with an axe to grind. So we're doing old traditional hymns mostly for the first time. Which really makes me laugh because you know where those came from? Straight from the bar room. Hymns tunes were popular drinking tunes in British ale houses with new Godly lyrics grafted on because the hymn writers wanted songs that the people knew. I wonder if the complainer knows that?
When did we all become so damn offended? I hear stuff all the time I don't necessarily agree with, but rarely feel the need to fire off an email, or complain so copiously. Except here. I limit my whining to the blog, and my doctor. A girl must have outlets.
This dude has a good case of the red ass against the pastor, but instead of maturely approaching the pastor and talking about it like an actual adult he says he's "Fine" when the pastor asks, and goes well out of his way to constantly try to undermine the guy. I have no respect for that. Man up. Stop being such a pussy and deal.
I don't always agree with much coming out of the pastor's mouth either, but the difference is I just do not care. I know my own thoughts on those subjects, nothing he's going to say is going to sway me either way and its just not worth it to get bend out of shape over someone else's opinions anyway.
I could have been offended earlier in the week when one of the Clonies tried to drum up business for her husband and his workout coaching. She linked me in a pile of ads she make for her husband. She posted a video ad she made for him which consisted of her and her identical friends talking about how awesome it is to be the same weight as high school. Then they moved on to the non-hotness of brunettes in between clips of him torturing folks to work out. I laughed, seeing yet again someone that thinks all that matter is on the surface. If I lived my life that way I would have missed out on some wonderful friends.
I work out, but I hate pain and do it in a way and level that my old bones can handle. And I gripe here when I accidentally over do it. Hello last week's butt pain!
I am not blonde. My hair is almost silver now and I have wrinkles. I earned every silver hair and wrinkle and wear them proudly. Some folks never manage to make this age.
I am not skinny though I do weight much less than I did fifteen years ago. I love to eat tasty food instead of weight loss shakes that they live on. Life is too short not to eat the stuff that tastes the best!
I also am not worried about exteriors, mine or anyone elses. You miss so much when all you look at is how something looks. Had I done that with two of my cats I would have missed the best two felines a gal could rescue. One was a little old man missing clumps of fur. The other a skinny freakishly alien looking kitten that shit everywhere. Best kitties ever. Looks are deceiving.
Be direct. Don't take offense at silly stuff you cannot change and don't worry about what others perceive when they look at you.
So amused by the behaviors of many of the expats here.
Comments