A Whole Pile of 'Come to Jesus's

Been a weird week. First, it's not been mind numbling hot because we're having tropical storm number 24 rolling through. Cloudy, coolish, completely overcast. All the ACs are off. It's in the mid 70s in the house and I have on a sweater. Now anything below 80 feels too cool.

Still coughing up a storm. Cold slow to go far away. Rain is not helping with the congestion in the lungs.

Someone added me this week to the women's group from church on Whatsapp and I've been sort of losing my mind. The mind numbing prattling and talk, blowing up my phone every few minutes with inanities. I had to take myself off after they ran through the small amount of data on my plan with things like wishing each other a happy Tuesday or whatever. I've never been someone that enjoys small talk, and this was just stressing me out. Add in the constant onslaught of emails and Facebook messages and it's overwhelming.

Jim endured a come to Jesus phone call from the pastor. The pastor thought he would take the time to call Jim up and basically lecture Jim on how incredibly unsafe it is here to ride a motorcycle. Thank you Capt Obvious, like we didn't already know that!

Most of the week involved chasing around trying to get the various paperwork to register the motorcycle, including a trip back to Nicoya to get registered with the national insurance for the motorcycle. Which meant another trip to Jim's favorite place to eat - KFC. More lawyers, more lawyer fees.

The last two days Jim is suddenly too interested in all things we got delivered the first household goods run. He's been through each and every box, which I find so annoying. When they were delivered in March I could not get him to help me sort through the boxes and store them, much less put everything in any sort of order. Now that it's all organized he's hauled it all out and scattered it everywhere. Many things are being used, the book cases are filled with our books, various pieces of furniture are in every room, along with many other things. Tried to tell him that the ship has sailed on him inventorying anything considering he refused to help from the beginning. I am beginning to think Cindy is right and he needs a job.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids