Abundance

The mind is a funny thing. Every time in the past ten years when I've dealt with anxiety off and on for quite a time I end up having a dream. This dream is always about abundance. The first time I had it I was attempting to show my old pastor how much abundance was around us. Even time I'd open a bread box three loaves would tumble out instead of one or none. Every draw bursting with silver, napkins, and so many things before my eyes. Not in a chaotic way either, very orderly, peaceful and calming.

Last night I had another version of the dream. The abundance dream seems to shift based upon what's going on. Last night's we'd had another house built, and I was living with friends in the mother in law apartment under the house while it was being finished. I remember strolling through the servants back hallway, being amazed at the drying racks, soap dishes and so many things, an abundance of met needs. It was beautiful, around every corner was even greater surprises and gorgeous calm.

I woke up, as I always do from these dreams thinking 'Wow, there is always more. What am I fearing here? Loss in the midst of abundance?'

Today we went back to the nearby mountain, walked various lots and tried to figure out which view was the most breathtaking. The new house is looking ever more likely. Abundance. I cannot wait to still in stillness on the porch and take in that big beautiful sky.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids