Another House and Upper Resp Viruses
One new thing has popped up. We're talking about buying another house. Actually, building a house, either a cottage or a tiny home on a mountain top. We're going to look at mountain side lots on Monday. When we first started talking of moving to Costa Rica the idea was to have a beach house and a house in the mountains. We have the beach house and guesthouse, time to look into a mountainside custom home.
What will we do with another house? Live in it half the time. There are times when Tamarindo is so filled with tourists its unpleasant. High season is late December to Easter. Why not decamp in those months? I don't know if we're rent out our house or not, but being mountain side on the hottest months that are the most crowded might be nice.
Small and simple. I have no desire for a 3,500 square foot monstrosity to clean like our beach house. Last week in the guesthouse was lovely, and nearly just the right size. Small, but filled with the things I need like a bathtub, a western style kitchen and ac in every room. Excited.
I'm still crawling around,but not like yesterday. Thankfully this virus and it's nasty colored snots has finally started to lift a bit. But only after I spent the better part of two days resting. I slept so much yesterday.
But now Jim shows signs of getting this. I'd read in one of the U.S. Embassy newsletters this week that this is some sort of common virus that goes around this area during September and October. Didn't even bother with the doctor because there's not a lot they can do for a virus.
Spent the afternoon scrubbed the last of the mud from the lanai that wraps around three sides of our house. Figured it was the best way to keep more mud from being tracked in the house.
The lanai situation illustrates one thing. The difference in how I do things and how Jim does. Example: Jim keeps saying he'll just rinse the mud off. I keep telling him that he needs some sort of soap or surfectant, an old broom and water, not just water to clean it. He tells me I do not know what I'm doing. I shrug and move along. He comes in later complaining that he rinsed the deck and the mud didn't go anywhere. I shake my head and laugh, come out using the soap, brush and water and get all the mud off.
I don't fight with Jim over it. I do not demand he go out there and do it again. I don't call him a moron for ignoring what I suggested. I just do what I need to do. Least said, soonest mended.
And that's what I'm having to do with my working life this week. I've had a pile of correspondence that either seeks to fight with me, or demands to know my theology, or others that call me names like 'Cult Leader'. Multiple attempts from multiple people. I could get all insulted and fight. I could tell them off. I could name call myself. But I would have to care, and care about explaining why their words are wrong. But I don't care. I am who I am. I'm not explaining myself to strangers. You are out of luck. I'd have to care to fight. I care about Jim, I don't care about people just showing up.
What will we do with another house? Live in it half the time. There are times when Tamarindo is so filled with tourists its unpleasant. High season is late December to Easter. Why not decamp in those months? I don't know if we're rent out our house or not, but being mountain side on the hottest months that are the most crowded might be nice.
Small and simple. I have no desire for a 3,500 square foot monstrosity to clean like our beach house. Last week in the guesthouse was lovely, and nearly just the right size. Small, but filled with the things I need like a bathtub, a western style kitchen and ac in every room. Excited.
I'm still crawling around,but not like yesterday. Thankfully this virus and it's nasty colored snots has finally started to lift a bit. But only after I spent the better part of two days resting. I slept so much yesterday.
But now Jim shows signs of getting this. I'd read in one of the U.S. Embassy newsletters this week that this is some sort of common virus that goes around this area during September and October. Didn't even bother with the doctor because there's not a lot they can do for a virus.
Spent the afternoon scrubbed the last of the mud from the lanai that wraps around three sides of our house. Figured it was the best way to keep more mud from being tracked in the house.
The lanai situation illustrates one thing. The difference in how I do things and how Jim does. Example: Jim keeps saying he'll just rinse the mud off. I keep telling him that he needs some sort of soap or surfectant, an old broom and water, not just water to clean it. He tells me I do not know what I'm doing. I shrug and move along. He comes in later complaining that he rinsed the deck and the mud didn't go anywhere. I shake my head and laugh, come out using the soap, brush and water and get all the mud off.
I don't fight with Jim over it. I do not demand he go out there and do it again. I don't call him a moron for ignoring what I suggested. I just do what I need to do. Least said, soonest mended.
And that's what I'm having to do with my working life this week. I've had a pile of correspondence that either seeks to fight with me, or demands to know my theology, or others that call me names like 'Cult Leader'. Multiple attempts from multiple people. I could get all insulted and fight. I could tell them off. I could name call myself. But I would have to care, and care about explaining why their words are wrong. But I don't care. I am who I am. I'm not explaining myself to strangers. You are out of luck. I'd have to care to fight. I care about Jim, I don't care about people just showing up.
Comments