Here We Are... Again!
The fruit stand near the house.
So our silly neighbor and her daughter are here. Right now. Why? Well, like I said previously, a pile of problems. There's no internet at their house. Poor girl has to study somewhere.
Again Jim and I keep having conversations about boundaries and saying no, and yet again he's not saying no, not all the time. Sunday and part of Monday we were left alone thankfully, but it's started up again.
Last night she spammed him about a million messages about a million favors she needed. When he gets tired he doesn't always understand things right, so he put her off. What did she want? She wanted him to drive her in the middle of the night to the Caja hospital in Punta Arenas, around three and a half hours away. She wanted to get back x rays and iv meds. He finally said wait and see how she was doing in the morning.
This morning he checked with her and she'd driven herself to the private clinic last night for the x rays and got stronger meds. She was out driving around on stronger meds! Like nothing was wrong.
I hate to say it, but I'm starting to consider the fact that we might be seeing drug seeking behavior here. I have nothing concrete to base it on, but I'm finding the push for narcotics, getting them off friends, the requests for iv and the whole the drugs aren't strong enough very suspicious.
Only knew her very vaguely before her husband left. I knew she had major depression problems and had been on a laundry list of meds for that.
I'm keeping my senses on high alert. I hope I am wrong! I've had sciatica myself a few times and while it's not as much fun as a hula hoop and ice cream sundae I have to say a few muscle relaxers, a few nights of good sleep and it faded within a week or two. I must have some sort of high threshold for pain.
Plus I've never found narcotics to be that effective when I have serious back pain. There are certain types of pain it does not even touch.
On the good side Buddy seems to have calmed down even as he's had to put some money into the purple car. He calls a couple of times a day to vent, and he always has some interesting tidbit about what's happening at the church we left after the dog snafu.
I anesthetized my nerve pain by falling face first into the new yarn store in town. I spent too much! About to start a afghan for the living room in shades of gold, off white, burgundy and assorted neutrals.

Comments