And Then There Was a Great Silence....Until There Was Not
The last two and a half days. Blissful beautiful silence. Even Buddy settled down and was doing well. Right up until we were to the beach this morn, and Cissy called around noon.
I was feeling relaxed. Cissy had started driving again. They changed internet companies and all was well. The beach was wonderful.. It always is, but I need to walk in the ocean waves to feel right. Something about the salt water on my feet and the surf breaking about my shins ...
...and right as I was writing this my messenger blew up. While we were out at the beach, enjoying grilled zucchini, shrimp and rice the first message arrived. It was Cissy wanting us to do a grocery run. We said okay, sometime this afternoon or evening. We finished our errands and moseyed back home about 2:30 pm. Jim took a nap, I was busy with a fascinating book by a former Trump administration member, and looking at the books I reviewed for NLQ for my next YouTube book review.
While I was reading and as I started to write here Cissy sent nearly 40 text messages to Jim, including an ever evolving shopping list that took up four pages. 40 messages from around 3 pm all the way until we finally left with the shopping list near 7 pm. It took the better part of 90 minutes with constant last minute messaging.
I am starting to be suspiciously offended because some of the things were so odd. Cissy started writing out this epic text message telling Jim about her childhood with back problems and that the doctors think it's back. Her bad back is back.
Sorry her back is out, but running around chasing down four pages of groceries didn't help mine much either. Jim and I are still having that running conversation about the constant pleas for help and how disruptive it is.
I am done. No more shopping beyond ten items. I just cannot.
Earlier this week I started wondering if she had substance abuse problems because I'd been watching her for more than a week chasing narcotics. Now I don't know what to think, at least beyond the fact that it's every day she's messaging. We're going to have to talk about this, surely she has more friends than us. Jim is so nice he's toxic.

Comments
I’ve had “ acquaintances” like this. I don’t say friend because a friend wouldn’t do this to another.
I just know the minute it feels toxic you have to get the heck away because otherwise
The vampire will suck you dry.
Take care! Love your blog.