Off Balance

 

This is what happens when you go to take a panoramic photo of Playa Grande and you lose your balance and start to fall. A good illustration of life right now.

More days, more requests. A lengthy one appeared on Monday with our silly neighbor messaging us that her lawnmower was broken. At the end she tried for the gaslighting guilt button pushing by reminding us anew that her husband had left her.

Jim is no mechanic and he's damn near all thumbs doing practical things. He finally messaged back that:

 - He knows nothing about mechanical things

 - He has never worked on a lawnmower

 - There's a mower repair shop less than a block away

Tuesday night. We're at a special Canadian Thanksgiving dinner at Playa Flamingo, at a restaurant when the requests for various things start. We tell her we're busy.

This noon the messages start again, demanding Jim go pickup the daughter from karate classes, and other requests. Jim says no, we're busy. But I'm beyond annoyed now because she's started only messaging Jim, dropping me off the messages, and always solemnly reminding Jim that she's helpless since the husband left.

Going to have to deal with this. It will be awkward. I was hoping she'd take the hint when we said no.

This afternoon she passes my messenger info to someone else, someone Jim knows from church that wants us to come for a 'game night' at their home. I ask ten zillion questions because a) I don't want Covid and wanted to know how many folks were there and b) what types of food will be served. I asked for exact menu/ingredients. Why? I've had bad experiences with asking people if this or that is in the food, they say no and I end up with the epipen hanging out of my leg on my way to Urgencia. 

So she's pretty much committed us to this Saturday game night and I am not enthused at all.

But on the fun side I did wallpaper the refrigerator yesterday. I ran out of wallpaper so I'm waiting on more. It turned out splendidly!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Ancient History With a Crystal Ball