The Oddest Day
The wall at Playa Grande in the parking lot that used to read "Let There Be Peace on the Land and in the Water" I was sad that they recently painted over this sweet sentiment. Sadly this wasn't the day for peace.
My messenger on Facebook blew up today, and it wasn't all people wanting to steer me towards that religious group, or this bad behavior by a high demand organization. What happened on my messenger was people I barely know, or rarely talk to spamming me conspiracy theory videos about the Covid vaccine, and the pandemic. How it's merely a government plot to inject us all with mind control computer chips and stranger things.
I've been pretty open about it on Patheos, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. I am pro scientific thought and evidence. Pro lengthy group studies and very anti fear mongering junk science. Masking works. Washing your hands and keeping a nearby box of Kleenex is always a great plan. Vaccines work, in fact they've always been required in some places.
One of the biggest baddest spammers today was Velma, yes, she that drove her car into the gate breaking it last week while swearing she did not drive into our gate even if we have her on video doing just that. Today I just quietly blocked Velma without a word.
I've been sitting here this evening watching one of my favorite history channels on YouTube about Robespierre and the collapse of the French Monarchy. There are some definite parallels between that time and this time in if nothing else the stupids trying to force mob rule. The over the top insane conspiracy theories being fomented about. The empty shelves, the discontent of the people.
You know what they say, those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.
Part of me is beyond pissed off with these people spamming me. They are upset over forced vaccinations in the U.S., refusing to understand there have always been countries that force U.S. citizens to be vaccinated for various things before entering their countries. In face a few of the countries I am considering visiting once the pandemic fully lifts are where you will be required to have a yellow fever vaccination before flying back to Costa Rica.
When my husband was in the military we were all issued yellow vaccine passports, and believe me, we weren't given much choice about being vaccinated for a rainbow of things. I remember Jim getting a pile of odd ones twice when his unit was supposed to go Kuwait. He ended up not going, but he still had to take the shots in case he did go.
I'm just not feeling much patience for people that refuse to acknowledge science or to cooperate with any selfless acts to end this pandemic. They've already made this go on longer than it should have. But I am not surprised, even as far back as the Spanish Flu epidemic of 1918 there was a certain faction of citizens refusing all cooperation with safety recommendations, causing the virus life span to stretch out to nearly 3 years. We're 19 months into this thing, rounding on year two soon enough, and still this conspiracy nonsense continues on.
On a good note we're only heard from Cissy once this week, and it was for something Jim just could not do because he's no mechanic. Jim's been sort of making me laugh because he finally stopped being Mr. Nice Guy and actually stood up to the mechanic's shop that has been ripping him off. I watched in shock as he actually started arguing with them over what they'd done to his motorcycle. Will wonders never cease?
Comments