Changes, - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Actually I think all of my recent changes are positive. Been a hard week of changes. Change is never easy even if it is a necessary thing.

We've gone back to walking on the beach four times a week in the monring. This is something we used to do when we first moved here that I really enjoyed. We used to walk everywhere. Then the car arrived and we rode. It's not been so good for our health, so we're back walking the beach for an hour every morning. Last Monday morn I walked and it was hard, so damn hard. I was exhausted the rest of the day after coming back to swim in the pool too.

We're rotating between different beaches, which is both good and bad. On Friday I didn't get much walking in because I ended up in a battle with the sea at Playa Langosta. I decided to cross the estuary to walk towards Playa Pinellas not where I usually do, in the shallows of the river, but by the sand bars on either side of the line between the river and ocean. It was only a ten foot channel and I could see it was only about two foot deep. What I could not see is that the force of the tides and waves were concentrated in that narrow channel and that the sands were loose, friable and shifting.

Getting in was easy, but climbing out was an entirely different ball game. Every time I attempted to climb the bank up to the sand bar I was pulled back by the waves and undertow. I'd crossed wearing my backpack filled with beach towels, swimsuit coverup and water bottles and once I sank into the shifting sands the backpack was drenched and weighted a lot more.

I'd just managed to get up on the sand bar, and lay there panting while Jim strolled up and asked if I was ready to head home. Was I? Wrestling the tide took it out of me. I crossed back in the shallows of the crocodile lagoon.

Another change is that we've gone more Keto than ever before. Which means I have to spend more time cooking. I'm not in love with the cooking more part, but we already feel much better after just a week. I think this is part of the puzzle for us. Jim's been upset that his weight keeps going up and up. This will help.

This weekend I had an epiphany about NLQ. I spent the better part of last week in a secret space with others verklempting about The Transformed Wife's Lori Alexander. She's starting to get in my head, in not a  good way, and has started to take over the focus of NLQ far too much, so I'm putting her on almost ignore, only posting anything by Lori once a week. Her husband Ken went nuts this weekend, ranting and chewing the scenery on Facebook answering many of her detractors. I don't wish to add to Lori's mental illness or martyrbation complex. Just say no to Lori and Ken. It is already helping my mental health.

Which needs helping. Found out yesterday that my son quit his job to start his own company. He's doing great so far, and I pray he continues to have success. He's doing something very similar to what he did for a big company for five years, so I think he stands a better than average chance of making a huge go of it. But it still worries me as a mom. I always want them to have success, but at a very low risk.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids