Eye of the Water
Still felled by various bodily problems, but now I have MRSA in my right eye. Ugh. It just never ends.
When we got back from Monteverde we didn't do much for a few days. We're working on the guesthouse now, that's taking all of our time, and Jim is still hobbling around with his arm, while I'm still having to pull up his pants, buckle his seat belt, drive him everywhere. One of my friends thinks I should McGyver his ass, put binder clips and a bungee cord on his pants.
The guesthouse we replaced all of the doors with new cedar ones, I'm having some walls moved, and we're putting more new things in there. It looks like a nice hotel room now. Just a few more things and it will be ready for friends and family.
Late Tuesday night, Wednesday morning Jim was up at 3 am on his computer. We're in the middle of rainy season here and so far it's been extremely rainy. It was raining then too. Around 4 am a huge wave of water started pouring in under the glass doors into the living room. In a matter of minutes the living room and kitchen were flooded. Jim came running in to tell me, waking me up.
When I got up I went outside and could see we had trouble. Our house is smack dab in the middle of our acre. The guesthouse by the gate is at the top of the hill, our house in the middle and the pool area down the hill. I had three feet of water in the backyard because it had been raising 2 inches an hour for hours at that point. Told Jim there wasn't much we could do but go back to bed. So we did.
In the morning there was only a small amount of water in two rooms. We got all the water out in a few hours and now are just steadily running the ac to pull the rest of the moisture out. One thing is for sure, when they come out Monday to install a hot water tank in the guesthouse and finish up on the ceilings the next project will be a French drain system in the back yard. Our house is so far up it should never flood, but clearly it did.
When we got back from Monteverde we didn't do much for a few days. We're working on the guesthouse now, that's taking all of our time, and Jim is still hobbling around with his arm, while I'm still having to pull up his pants, buckle his seat belt, drive him everywhere. One of my friends thinks I should McGyver his ass, put binder clips and a bungee cord on his pants.
The guesthouse we replaced all of the doors with new cedar ones, I'm having some walls moved, and we're putting more new things in there. It looks like a nice hotel room now. Just a few more things and it will be ready for friends and family.
Late Tuesday night, Wednesday morning Jim was up at 3 am on his computer. We're in the middle of rainy season here and so far it's been extremely rainy. It was raining then too. Around 4 am a huge wave of water started pouring in under the glass doors into the living room. In a matter of minutes the living room and kitchen were flooded. Jim came running in to tell me, waking me up.
When I got up I went outside and could see we had trouble. Our house is smack dab in the middle of our acre. The guesthouse by the gate is at the top of the hill, our house in the middle and the pool area down the hill. I had three feet of water in the backyard because it had been raising 2 inches an hour for hours at that point. Told Jim there wasn't much we could do but go back to bed. So we did.
In the morning there was only a small amount of water in two rooms. We got all the water out in a few hours and now are just steadily running the ac to pull the rest of the moisture out. One thing is for sure, when they come out Monday to install a hot water tank in the guesthouse and finish up on the ceilings the next project will be a French drain system in the back yard. Our house is so far up it should never flood, but clearly it did.
Comments