Slipcovers
Today Jim asked me to think about making slipcovers for some of the outdoor furniture, the dining room table chairs. I can do that, and set to looking at fabrics.
Getting the material turns out it might be a challenge. Cannot get the good Suncaster material shipped here by Amazon or anyone else so it was off to Santa Cruz. The lone fabric store where I only buy muslin to back my quilts.
I left Jim home alone. I've not driving out to go shopping alone over an hour away for a very long time. I realized Jim and I are sort of joined at the hip now. I worried about leaving him because he's only a month post surgery and I still have to help him pull up his pants
The only shop had lots of ugly cheap polyester fabrics that remind me of the 1970s, and not in a good way. I drove through a terrific thunderstorm and got pretty wet once I got to town, but it was good, even with rain and no decent fabrics. I'll have to hit Liberia in a few days. There is a high end fabric store there that carries upholstery fabrics.
One of my all time favorite drives in Costa Rica is between Tamarindo and Santa Cruz. The road winds around a valley, separated from the beach by a couple of miles and mountains. Parts of the river run near. The lush green grass of the valley teeming with cattle, sheep and goats with more mountains in the background. Small sleepy villages with cottages painted a rainbow of hues.
I saw a gorgeous red bird with a flash of cobalt blue on my drive . I think it might be a scarlet tanger but haven't seen one with patches of blue.
Got to explore a different park in Santa Cruz today, one with bull riding and horse culture statues. For the first time noticed the large statue of men playing the marimbas. Makes sense because marimba wood is grown in the nearby forests.
Getting the material turns out it might be a challenge. Cannot get the good Suncaster material shipped here by Amazon or anyone else so it was off to Santa Cruz. The lone fabric store where I only buy muslin to back my quilts.
I left Jim home alone. I've not driving out to go shopping alone over an hour away for a very long time. I realized Jim and I are sort of joined at the hip now. I worried about leaving him because he's only a month post surgery and I still have to help him pull up his pants
The only shop had lots of ugly cheap polyester fabrics that remind me of the 1970s, and not in a good way. I drove through a terrific thunderstorm and got pretty wet once I got to town, but it was good, even with rain and no decent fabrics. I'll have to hit Liberia in a few days. There is a high end fabric store there that carries upholstery fabrics.
One of my all time favorite drives in Costa Rica is between Tamarindo and Santa Cruz. The road winds around a valley, separated from the beach by a couple of miles and mountains. Parts of the river run near. The lush green grass of the valley teeming with cattle, sheep and goats with more mountains in the background. Small sleepy villages with cottages painted a rainbow of hues.
I saw a gorgeous red bird with a flash of cobalt blue on my drive . I think it might be a scarlet tanger but haven't seen one with patches of blue.
Got to explore a different park in Santa Cruz today, one with bull riding and horse culture statues. For the first time noticed the large statue of men playing the marimbas. Makes sense because marimba wood is grown in the nearby forests.
Comments