Sweet Schadenfreude

After a morning spent running errands like picking up neb juice for the asthma, fruits and veggies at the market and hitting the paint and hardware stores I was ready to rest this afternoon. It was not to be but it turned out to be such delicious schadenfreude.

One of my long time friends sent me a pm, a group message between her and I and a third person. The third person is someone I've been easing away from for months on end now because of money issues. Her constant scammer=like fundraising.

Ironically the friend that pmed me was laughing over someone else the three of us know who is attempting to fund raise for very ridiculous reasons. She and I laughed, tittered, capered and carried on about those that constantly fund raise for stupid reasons.

The former friend got quieter and quieter and quieter in the discussion before dropping off. I don't think that the lady that pmed me realizes that the third lady had at one time seven different Go Fund Mes for all sorts of things.

I am not saying there is no reason to raise money. Clearly there is as more people lose health insurance and face very serious insurmountable health expenses. There are other serious situations where it is entirely understandable why someone would ask for money.

But.. if you are able bodied and gainfully employed yet must beg for someone to pay a maid to clean your house while I manage to keep my house not in pig stye status post=stroke and during the worst asthma.. it's very likely I will not contribute a dime, I'll say to get off your butt and do something, like clean. Start small, if you are too stressed out to do much, then do it in tiny chunks. There are a million strategies that do not involve begging strangers online to give you money.

Yeah, I am wheezing here, but I am still sweeping up and mopping where Stinky puts his dead iguanas. I'm not trying to game getting someone else to do it. Grow the eff up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids