Tired and Asthmatic

A lot has happened and I have a lot to say. It's just right now I'm exhausted. My lungs have been extra crappy this week. I apoligize if none of my pieces at NLQ made any sense at all this week. Not one of my finer weeks.

It started weeks ago with the cold that morphed into  bronchitis and will not lift. They workmen inadvertently made it worse by trying to delay and stretch out their jobs. They were hired to fix two cracks in the bedroom ceiling.

During last rainy season we twice had a leak in the bedroom. A freakish leak, We'd had a random leak like that at the old house, when we had a storm that blew rain sideways through a crack in the siding. This time was something like that. I'd had the roof examined and repaired the second time we had a storm that drove the rain in.

Two little cracks in the bedroom and one in the living room.

I was working in my office slash sewing room and wasn't paying attention to what they were doing. Jim was supposed to be, but he's having big pain problems after his surgery and has taken to swilling down the low dose pain pills like M&Ms before collapsing in a nap.

What did those silly Tico workmen do? They caulked the ceiling seams in every damn room of the house. Keep in mind we had exactly three little ceiling cracks throughout the house and they caulked something like twenty.All that caulking had silicon and latex in it. I started wheezing before I figured out they'd gone caulk happy.

Since then I've been floating around in a Ventolin haze mixed with sundry prescription drugs. Brutal.

They did bring our refurbish waterbed frame and we set up the bed and filled it. Now the most comfortable place on earth is no longer in Virginia, it's in our Costa Rica house. Sleeping on it again is a joy. I've missed it.

We're going to San Jose on Monday for a few days. Jim needs to see his surgeon, he's not healing well and having so much pain. Plus we have to try and wrangle our seized items from customs. We have packed several thousand dollars cash as a bribe. When in doubt in Central America offer a bribe and make it happen. I hope it works.

 I'm looking forward to getting out of the house for several days, I've booked us a room at the snazziest Holiday Inn, and the work men will be painting the ceilings they caulked. I hope my asthma is turned way down before we get back.

Having guests tomorrow and I've not cleaned a damn thing, and I'm unlikely to do so.

Comments

We had a waterbed for years and I honestly miss it, but the landlords don't like the thought of it, even though this house is on a slab. We bought our first new bed and mattress in 18 years yesterday. That means clean the room and under the bed out.
I've had 3 shoulder surgeries and the pain is sometimes unrelenting. Add in some arthritis and cold ugly weather and the pain just keeps on.
I hope your asthma gets better, you get your stuff out of customs, and you get some rest.
Hugs,
annieb

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids