Anti Science BS
Today was frustrating, not the least because of my ongoing lung infection. I did manage to get to the doctor and insist on a meds change. So I cannot get Xopenex here, but I did switch to a generic abuterol. That other neb solution they had me on for two days gave me headaches, high blood pressure and some pretty hairy nose bleeds. Turns out it had steroids in it. I am pretty steroid intolerant after all these years doing high dose steroids.
But hey, I managed to staff off going back on high doses of methotrexate again, or something more hardcore that will cause my toenails to pop off and lose body hair.
It's just I am still feeling like 20 inches of goop on the bottom of someone's sandals. Too sick to do much more than drown drugs and surf from sofa to bed to sofa again.
Today the new painters came in to paint the very tops of the bedrooms I could not reach on a ladder because of the high cathedral ceilings here. I was happy with that, and the crew did a great job. What wasn't so great is their boss also does air conditioning. It had been a full six months since we had the units serviced and cleaned. The filters were all very dirty, but now I know how to do it and I'm not calling these guys or anyone else. We've had it done every six months since move in, it was time.
Why? Some anti scientific bullshit spewing from the mouth of the big boss that was seriously screwing with my cha-cha. Once a month I run a special broom along the ceilings and ceiling fans, dusting them. I did it last about three weeks ago before my kids got here and I missed two spots in the living room and the living room ceiling fan. It's cobwebs I'm sweeping down, not nuclear waste.
Cobwebs can be used for things like slowing down bleeding. They can be beneficial even if they are annoying.
So what did El Jefe say to piss me off that's not right? He told Jim, again and again and again, that my asthma was caused by the damn cobwebs. COBWEBS!! Not even remotely true, they are not harmful at all, just annoying and ugly. He kept hammering on Jim that cobwebs equal illness, not true at all. And Jim is just dumb enough to believe him. I've just pulled up a ton of links from science sites disputing this and sent them to Jim.
This is like all those anti vaxxers and people that want to believe only essential oils cure things. Not true. I only believe established science.
Mr. Unestablished Science wants to spray the house for bugs tomorrow, something I am refusing to allow. I already have someone that does that every three months. El Jefe tried to say he uses 'Safe' bug spray, ain't no such thing and I have to abandon the house for a few hours after a spray and take extra allergy meds for a day. I cannot do it when I am wheezing and coughing all the damn time.
He is coming back to paint the laundry room and hallways in the morning, but that's it. I am rejecting all the shit he's trying to sell to Jim.
But hey, I managed to staff off going back on high doses of methotrexate again, or something more hardcore that will cause my toenails to pop off and lose body hair.
It's just I am still feeling like 20 inches of goop on the bottom of someone's sandals. Too sick to do much more than drown drugs and surf from sofa to bed to sofa again.
Today the new painters came in to paint the very tops of the bedrooms I could not reach on a ladder because of the high cathedral ceilings here. I was happy with that, and the crew did a great job. What wasn't so great is their boss also does air conditioning. It had been a full six months since we had the units serviced and cleaned. The filters were all very dirty, but now I know how to do it and I'm not calling these guys or anyone else. We've had it done every six months since move in, it was time.
Why? Some anti scientific bullshit spewing from the mouth of the big boss that was seriously screwing with my cha-cha. Once a month I run a special broom along the ceilings and ceiling fans, dusting them. I did it last about three weeks ago before my kids got here and I missed two spots in the living room and the living room ceiling fan. It's cobwebs I'm sweeping down, not nuclear waste.
Cobwebs can be used for things like slowing down bleeding. They can be beneficial even if they are annoying.
So what did El Jefe say to piss me off that's not right? He told Jim, again and again and again, that my asthma was caused by the damn cobwebs. COBWEBS!! Not even remotely true, they are not harmful at all, just annoying and ugly. He kept hammering on Jim that cobwebs equal illness, not true at all. And Jim is just dumb enough to believe him. I've just pulled up a ton of links from science sites disputing this and sent them to Jim.
This is like all those anti vaxxers and people that want to believe only essential oils cure things. Not true. I only believe established science.
Mr. Unestablished Science wants to spray the house for bugs tomorrow, something I am refusing to allow. I already have someone that does that every three months. El Jefe tried to say he uses 'Safe' bug spray, ain't no such thing and I have to abandon the house for a few hours after a spray and take extra allergy meds for a day. I cannot do it when I am wheezing and coughing all the damn time.
He is coming back to paint the laundry room and hallways in the morning, but that's it. I am rejecting all the shit he's trying to sell to Jim.
Comments