Going

We're taking a three day mini vacation, and after the drama I need it.

Going up to Volcan Arenal, to the health resort we always go to that a friend of ours owns. I plan on sitting on the lanai in the sunshine and doing a bit of reading. We'll hike down to the hot springs and waterfall and up to the lagoon. I doubt we're hike the volcano again. Involves too much cursing and ranting on this end. Hard climb.

Protip. If you go to Arenal don't bother spending a hundred bucks a day to go to the hot springs at the hotels. Just take the road towards the volcano and watch for the spot all the locals go to for free. There's nothing more restful than soaking in the volcano heated waters while it tumbles down the rocks around you.

One of my other favorite things to do there is to sit on the lanai at night in the darkness just to see the many different types of bats swooping and swirling around in the darkness eating bugs. I've seen several different varieties of toucans there too, including the impossibly bright one much more garish and eye-catching than the one on the cereal box.

This is one of my favorite places in Costa Rica, and we've managed to accumulate a lot of friends there too.
'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids