Last Day
Going home to Costa Rica in the morning. Kind of sad, kind of glad.
The fully paved multi laned highways here kind of freak me out. I'm used to pitted, rutted roads sometimes lacking paving where 35 mph is your top speed.
Shopping is just too insanely easy here. Stores everywhere with everything you could imagine. I forget when I'm there that it's not a full day trip, careful planning and lots of consulting Waze to get yarn in the States.
I have had a pile of bad experiences with rude folks here. Millennium edition right down to giggling kids pushing past seniors to sit in the seats reserved for the elderly and disabled.
Foods are problematic. My stomach problems/allergies are highly exacerbated here with restaurant foods and processed foods.
Air conditioning is everywhere! Even places like stores and public spaces that are unair conditioned in many places in Central America. I am shivering, wearing socks and sweaters here in the constantly being blasted ac. If it's below 80 I am freezing.
On the plus side. Spending time with family and friends. I have laughed so much I feel like I've been doing ab exercises.
The shopping, getting six months worth of items I cannot get on the other side of the world. Eating very delicious things! Pumpkin spice everything. Quilting fabrics in every hue!
The fully paved multi laned highways here kind of freak me out. I'm used to pitted, rutted roads sometimes lacking paving where 35 mph is your top speed.
Shopping is just too insanely easy here. Stores everywhere with everything you could imagine. I forget when I'm there that it's not a full day trip, careful planning and lots of consulting Waze to get yarn in the States.
I have had a pile of bad experiences with rude folks here. Millennium edition right down to giggling kids pushing past seniors to sit in the seats reserved for the elderly and disabled.
Foods are problematic. My stomach problems/allergies are highly exacerbated here with restaurant foods and processed foods.
Air conditioning is everywhere! Even places like stores and public spaces that are unair conditioned in many places in Central America. I am shivering, wearing socks and sweaters here in the constantly being blasted ac. If it's below 80 I am freezing.
On the plus side. Spending time with family and friends. I have laughed so much I feel like I've been doing ab exercises.
The shopping, getting six months worth of items I cannot get on the other side of the world. Eating very delicious things! Pumpkin spice everything. Quilting fabrics in every hue!
Comments