Packing Up

Just two more days Stateside. I went on a clothes buying binge while I was here. I meant only to get underwear but am somehow coming back with three new outfits and a pile of shorts and tees. I have found that buying summer clothes here is so cheap this time of the year. Happy with the pile of normally expensive swimsuits I got. Time to toss last years three dollar Walmart swimsuits. The chlorine in the pool eats suits.

I went into the local quilting shop to replenish my supplies. Went in to get royal blue and yellow fabrics for a quilt for my bedroom. Ended up coming out with bird fabric in oranges and turquoise, a pile of fabrics in peach, cream and light green with octopuses, jelly fish and assorted marine life on them. Quilting plans shifting again.

Unexpected buy? A Polish pottery egg holder to keep my eggs in on the countertop. In Costa Rica no one refrigerates their eggs. I don't know why, but I don't either.

Unexpected item here? There was a big beat up looking carton waiting for me. Our pastor had tried to order beach bags customized with the church logo as presents for our volunteers, and had asked if I could bring them back. I said yes, drama ensued with the company and he cancelled the order. The company shipped them anyway. They are currently stuffed in my carry on bag.

This time I am coming back alone. Jim will be here another week. It will be weird being in the house without him. I plan on doing a lot of quilting and working on several big projects like my book.

Today I get to see my son. He's been in San Francisco on a business trip, and is coming home for a couple of days before heading out again.

Took my eldest daughter out to dinner earlier in the week with her kids. She's busy too, working at a new job, but doing very well after a bumpy year.

Staying with my youngest and going shopping every single day working on my list of stuff I need for Costa Rica. Smaller list this year. Sending out packages in the morning to everyone I own Costa Rican coffee to.

Hope I have no drunks behind me on the plane again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids