A Day Off

Today we just sort of let everything go and spent the day up at the Las Catalinas resort at Playa Danta. We have a good friend that works there and the place is almost completely deserted except for the Tico workers doing some low season remodeling. I didn't get within ten feet of anyone, didn't even bother to don a mask. A few photos.

An iguana walked up begging for food. He's used to the tourists feeding him.


The Guanacaste trees are in full glorious bloom. I love Las Catalinas because it's like walking through a lovely European village ending down at the ocean.




Self care is so important. While we did little but hang around with a friend this was just the reset button I needed to push today. This afternoon starts another brand new day when we got home, and swam in the pool between rain storms.

It was the first time I ventured out maskless in over two months. I think it was fine, the place was deserted, almost entirely ours. If only we were wealthy enough to afford our own private villa on the ocean.

Here I think people have decided COVID 19 is over, even if it's not, and it's most decidedly not. Our infection rates tanked and are now starting to rise again. But we got an invite to a birthday party today with lots of folks (no way would I go as it was for the drunken sofa pee-er that smokes), and there's a big religious function happening on Friday at a restaurant. I'm pretty horrified by both and not attending. I think today was likely okay, but I am so not ready to dive into a pile of folks breathing their unmasked funk near myself.

And about those masks. I have a pile of Vogmasks that are supposed to be N95s. I've washed and worn them so often I started thinking about getting a few back up masks. supposedly they are good for another year, but that is not taking into account how frequently I wear them. I was able to pre-order  N99 masks from Cambridge Masks in the UK. They are currently taking orders for August delivery. I predict as rates start climbing again as people go from total isolation to quick over the top overexposure we're likely be masking still or masking again. Not trusting a bunch of drunken gringos who cannot even be assed to put on simple cotton or paper masks to protect anyone else.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Ancient History With a Crystal Ball