Don't Return Evil For Evil

Welp, it's been quite an almost week for me. I've gone through a complete spate of emotions during this time, from hurt and disappointment, through anger, to apathy, to a desire for revenge, all the way to grace.

In the flesh I was tempted to construct a box of torture for a narcissist. I'm fully capable of that too. I helped take down two other huge internet liars, one of which was a plagiarist of some renown.It would be a piece of cake to use a lifetime of knowledge on how mental illnesses work to go after someone hard enough to make them crack. But I would have to care a lot more than I do.

I've also suffered my own dumb slings and arrows for writing online. I have learned I have to ignore what others say about me.  One of my favorite sayings that I repeat when coming under internet reprobation is "The dogs may bark, but still the caravan moves on..."and I have mostly stuck with that. I've written and edited for Patheos for very nearly ten years now. Even if I was dumbfounded last year to learn that there were a pile of people saying I was faking living in Costa Rica and posting from hotel rooms. I wish. I would love that so someone else would be doing meals, laundry and cleaning. Lay back in the hotel hammock and laze around. Not lose over half my personal possessions to a greedy and rapacious customs agent.

I've always been fully aware of folks online that aren't exactly what they try to represent. I usually will not puncture their self image because it benefits no one.  You just earn enemies by doing that. I do it only for those people through my word who are  harming others and leaving a trail of literally and figuratively dead bodies. Most people are flawed and broken. However they chose to paper over their own pain is between them and the divine.  Not my concern. Again, I'd have to care more.

It was a good object lesson in not sharing information freely with anyone but the mainstream media who generally will not misquote you or misrepresent what you tell them. Who I do sometimes get contacted by and have to explain the theology when something like the Turpin tragedy happens. There's a big difference between being on TYT or CNN and internet outlets. So I'll keep simplifying my life because of my illness and other things, and limit my circle yet again because I must.

Looking forward to the day in roughly one year and fourteen days when I can start receiving social security and smash my laptop with a sledgehammer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids