Horizontal Afternoons

 

A recent cloudy afternoon in Tama shot from the Rotunda.


I know I haven't posted here and the posts at NLQ probably don't make much sense. It's been a rough week or so. Why? My virus is back and Jim has been put on a pile of pills to try and get some nerve generation back in his shoulder. The pills are making him sleepy. The virus is making me dizzy and exhausted. We're quite the pair right now.

How bad is it? Two days ago at the Auto Mercado we both limped out of the store. I was moving so slowly Jim too over pushing the tiny cart before loaded it into our cart. I was so dinged out and dizzy I didn't even notice until we were pulling out of the parking lot that Jim had abandoned the cart against the back door of someone's SUV. We stopped, me with my theology based on if you put your cart where it goes or abandon it, Jim looked at me and said 'Floor it out of here!'

I wasn't capable in that moment of moving the cart, trying to decide between throwing up out the window, and hoping I didn't black out driving. Jim with one arm in a sling so goofy stoned on Lyrica it wasn't happening either.

I'm so sorry whoever owned that fancy SUV. We didn't mean it. It didn't slam your car. I don't know why Jim pushed it there. We do not do things like this.

I'll be back after the fever lifts and I can sit up, stand and walk without the possibility of throwing up or passing out. I am on week three of this and wishing I could have insisted on more testing, or something. I ain't right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids