Maison Derriere, Small Worlds and Other Highjinks
So funny how something can look one way, and then you sleep on it and realize it's idiotically stupid and you were really stupid for taking it seriously. Least said, soonest mended. Don't give mentally ill folks obsessional fodder.
One of the funniest things happened this morning that reminded me so much of this song on 'The Simpsons'. I'm coming round the corner in town on my way to the fancy Gringo grocery store and over by the house of ill repute I spot a couple of young Tico boys, in that tricky 10 to 13 age group. They were shimming up the concrete wall to peek over the top at the large swimming pool area. I laughed as I drove on by.
Which led me to think about the various things I did as a kid. I wasn't much older than these boys, something like 15 years old the year I ended up taking my 3 year old step brother into Disneyworld for the day. We'd been on a family Disney vacation, and we had planned the next day that my father and step mother would take my small step brother Francis to the part of Disney geared towards little kids, and I'd go off to another park of the park, like Epcot, and we'd met up at the end of the day back at the resort we were staying at on the park.
That morning I got ready for my day, I was supposed to meet up with some miscreant teenage friends and hang in the park. I indulged in some highly illegal intoxicant as I put on my blue eyeshadow and pink lipgloss. About the time I was finishing my father told me I had to take Francis with me into the park. I was steamed, and just a little goofy by then. I don't even remember why, but my father and step mother had something they had to go do.
At first I was bummed out, but after riding "It's a Small World" and the Snow White runaway mine cars and the teacups and other rides geared to kids as young as Francis I found myself having a pretty good time. I enjoyed myself with Francis for the day. We rode everything so many times, had lunch, and stayed out in the park most of the day.
It's a lesson I've had to learn many a time, when someone seems like it's going to be a drag and it works out to be anything but a drag.
Comments