Monkey Highjinks and Insurance


 Monday started off okay. Our monkeys showed up just outside our windows and walls, closest yet. I talked to the insurance company who told me they would pay 85 percent of Jim's hospital bill if we used the Liberia hospital. So we scampered off for Jim to do the pre op bloodwork, the EKG, the COVID test and the xray. Show up at the hospital, met at the door by the nurse with a handy dandy temperature gizmo. Pop a 101 temp.

I had to trot back out to the car, and read a book while Jim did his pre op. Which I was nervous about, rightly it turns out. I handle all the insurance. By the time Jim came back out an hour later it was all bolloxed up, changed around. The insurance company refused to pay for the pre op, saying there was no indication that this surgery was necessary.

Upshot now after two full days going back and forth with the hospitals, doctors and insurances. Jim is not having surgery tomorrow in Liberia, but in a week and a half in San Jose. That five hours away San Jose. Our outpatient surgery suddenly turned into three full days in the hospital a five hour car ride away. All due to our supposedly "gold standard" government employees health insurance.

Great. I'm really looking foward to spending three nights on that super uncomfortable leatherette sofa again~ </sarcasm> freezing my rump off.

In the meantime I still have a horrid high fever with nausea, and the full disgusting stomach issues. Apparently I have some sort of free floating crud my friends are talking about and I'm not even sure how I contracted it. In the bed most of the last two days. Likely in the bed tomorrow since I'm still feeling crummy.

On the bright side my asthma fully lifted and I have full voice again, projection, vibrato, the entire thing. Singing.

One disturbing thing happened that I must mention. I don't know if you are aware of the poor child who alleges her mother and mother's boyfriend sexually molested her. Her parents are embroiled in a legal fight with each other and CPS. A certain female YouTuber is covering this happening, in a case where the judge has ordered a gag on outside media like photos and videos. This woman rather horribly called the child a 'brat,' accused her of lying before turning on the father and accusing him of having something to do with it. Now she's pretending she never said that, and still talking about a gag ordered case! This is not tea, this should not be gossip fodder for this blogger! This is a tragedy that the little girl will have to carry the enormous emotional scars for the rest of her life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Ancient History With a Crystal Ball