Laying Down
Today has been freaking miserable. I got up late and discovered that Jim's surgery was moved yet again. Up a week to this Saturday. This. Saturday! While I'm still gobsmacked by my stomach!
After Jim got back from the pre op, which they did this time and billed the insurance company I was down to the clinic seeing my beloved Dr. O and Dr. A. I still was so dizzy standing was an issue, sick to my stomach, headache, fever and the whole nine yards.
Ended up getting an IV with some meds. Apparently I'd gotten pretty dehydrated, and needed to be infused. I'd gotten so goofy and sick I didn't realize how bad I'd gotten in five days. Tests, blood work, CT scan to make sure it was not the place in my intestines that gets grumbly every few years. Turns out I have a virus, some stomach thing that my mast cell has decided is the WORST THING EVER, and sent out the immunio troops. Plus they spotted some new endo on the scan also likely bolloxing things up.
Didn't even bother to think about testing for COVID, I haven't been in any areas where it's a problem in two weeks, no direct contact with anyone with it. Plus my symptoms aren't really COVID like. I did find out they recently got the antibodies test and I am going to come back in a few weeks and get it. I should have done it while I was there because I am a super hard stick due to having had cancer as a teen, and going through chemo and radiation. My veins are fucked. When you have to go in, point and say "You can go in here or there. I cannot guarantee you'll get anything anywhere else" it can suck. Of course I always ooze like a blood filled pin cushion for a long time afterward and usually react to the adhesive on the stupid bandage.
Left four hours later with a pile of medications for the stomach, pain pills, you name it. The meds in the IV did not help. The first dose of what they gave me did nothing, but tonight the pain and nausea is finally starting to lift. I hope I feel better tomorrow after a good night's sleep. I'm still dizzy, like my sinuses are screwed up, but that could just be the fact that I've lived on a few crackers and toast since Friday.
Here's hoping I have no fever by Friday because we have to go down to the hospital on Friday, spend Friday and Saturday night, surgery Saturday morning, and then get cleared to go Sunday noon. There's no flying back this time. There are no regular flights running between Tama and San Jose. It's me driving, so I have to feel a lot better soon. I keep teasing Jim that if we get down there on Friday and the hospital denies me entrance due to fever I'm going straight on over to the Holiday Inn Suites by the Airport and checking in for a two day vacation...... with room service. Laying down, writing on my book. Sounds like heaven.

Comments