And It Is What It Is

 

One of the statuary at Bernabela Ramos Parque in Santa Cruz, a nearby city I go to shop at. The center of the city is one of the most interesting shopping areas around. I usually park near this parque or down by the Plaza de los Mangoes when I do a shopping run there. This park is still closed due to the pandemic.

I feel like the guy in the statue, in the grips of some strange beast today. I was initially going to rant that there's nothing wrong with someone deciding to read banned books, or how we don't support abusive Quiverfull enforcers just to piss off someone we dislike, but no, today is just all the way around bad for other reasons.

Woke up this morning, started the roll over and slide off that is sleeping in our tall waterbed, and lost my balance. Fell. Balance worse again after two weeks of dealing with this. Fell rounding the bed and trying to navigate around my desk chair. Fell trying to get to the bathroom, ending up hugging the wall on the way back to the bedroom.

After two weeks where I had almost gotten used to not feeling the floor very well beneath my left foot, and learning to walk that way without a cane. I'd gotten steadier. Today was a shitshow of no balance and nausea.

So much for Lyrica.

In this week I've had a Cat scan with contrast, had it sent off to my C.R. neurologist, sent it off to my mast cell doctor in the States, set off to my neurologist in the States. The only thing anyone can agree on is it's not heart, it's not a stroke, it's not bulging discs in my neck. Now they are saying it's likely not MS either. The best anyone can come up with is that it is somehow MCAS related, compressed nerve bundles and the like. I don't know, I just now the pins and needles 24 hours a day, 7 days a week is just way too painful without the balance issues and everything else. 

So I'm going back on the old sodium cromylin drugs again. Le sigh, this is getting very old.

We're talking about hiring someone to come in daily to clean because I don't have any balance and cannot do so many things. Sylvie is still in Nicaragua and she only cleaned once a week. 

My new normal sucks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids