Insurances and Disgust

 

Where the sleepy river meets the Pacific not far from Portero.

Today involved getting that specialized insurance that the government of Costa Rica is requiring one to have to trek back into Costa Rica after our trip. Expensive, and a new part of the experience of travel. Thank you, Covid! The utter ridiculousness of it is that it has to provide you with lodging insurance, which we don't need since we own our home, and medical treatment insurance, again unnessisary because our health insurance covers us here 100%. Two hundred bucks down the drain.

But that wasn't the thing that was the most off putting today. It was the happenings in the group of folks that dislike Without a Moral Compass. There's been crazy infighting, doxxing, and just all around very bad behavior. Splits, new alliances, rumors and idiocy. 

I'm done. I'm done with them. I'm done with anything Without a Moral Compass related at all. I'm done even with the idea of giving any information to either attorney. I am just seeing so many people stirring the pot and creating such drama that I'm done. My only answer if called will be invoking the fifth. Screw it all.

It's just so hard to take as I do serious stuff here in order to reset my visa and prepare to resubmit my residency application. It's too much when I cannot walk without a cane, while I'm stoned silly on small amounts of Lyrica. While I'm in pain every single moment of every single day. You start to look at things and realize what is serious, real and worthwhile in this life and realize it's not that at all.

I told a tale the other night on YouTube about a recent happening here. An elderly dolphin made its way to the beach, to beach itself on Tamarindo Beach. When dolphins are ill to the point of death, or dying of old age they head for the beach. The surfers here embraced that dying older dolphin as it passed in the surf, and then carried its body ashore on a surf board for the biologists of the national park. They showed such love, dignity and respect for another creature. 

I want that, I want to feel like that about life, to respect others in the highest ways. But that cannot happen while I'm being drug back into the crazy street fight this has devolved into. It's more like the disrespect I experienced on Tuesday afternoon at Price Smart, standing in front of the fruit cool looking in at the juicy peaches and nectarines trying to decide when an American woman came darting up quickly, grabbed the cooler door handle and threw it back, smacking me dead center of the face. Me, my horrible balance even with a cane and down I went. The lady didn't even apologize, and when I said something to her she said some very nasty things to me that boiled down to she thought I was beneath her notice. She just earned some rather nasty karma there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids