Three Left Feet and One's on Backwards
Yes, this is a photo I took early on Sunday morning of one of the howler monkeys stopping for a few minutes on the wall to peer into my sewing room at one of our strayers we've adopted, Scabby. Scabby napped on the bed in front of the window and the monkey watched him for a few. First time any monkey has bothered to peer into the house. This was shortly before the House of Millionaire Assholes also known as church.
On late Sunday night we had our dear friend over for ice cream, cake and hottubbing for her 60th birthday. We had a lovely time, right up until I looked down because my feet felt weird and discovered I was crawling with ants all over my feet. Dry season and the papagayo winds seem to bring them. It kicked off this latest dysfunctional two step goat rodeo for me.
I got the ants off and my feet started to swell. I couldn't get my flipflops on.they were so swollen up so much! Scrubbing, ointments, benadryls. Per usual my stupid body decided to completely overreact. My feet are still swollen but not quite as badly now. Right now they look like plump baby feet. I had a long semi conscience rambling phone call with a good friend that distracted me from scratching my feet like mad before collapsing into a drugged sleep last night.
My friend had talked me into going on a walk with her this morning. She walks along that backroad I got the car stuck in. Rutted and rocky. I didn't feel so great and the feet itched and hurt, but I squeezed on my hiking shoes, and away we went down the unpaved road.....
..... where I face planted about ten times. Apparently those big bouts of no balance related to mast cell chose this morning to return. I ditched the walk quickly, and came back home alone by the circuitous route along the main paved road. Even with the balance issues I can walk just fine on macadam pavement. No falls, not even almost falls. It's just the rocky paths and rutted dirt roads that trigger the balance issues. I did get enough time in to make it a proper walk and I was sweating like Judas at the crucifixion.
In the best of times I'm clumsy many times without adding in the balance issues.
I came home to whine and complain to Jim before trudging off to shower. In the middle of the shower the water pressure dropped, and I ended up slipping and falling in the shower, meaning I had to yell for Jim to help scrape my nekkid dripping water carcass off the tiled floor of the shower. I threw in a few panadol, and ran off to the Auto Mercado for a no slip plastic mat for the floor of the shower.
Thought about just going back to bed, but I pulled myself together from my silly moping and went on to kick the day's ass, rearranging closets and furniture today before having the funniest silly time with Scabby, the cat mentioned above.
Scabby asleep on Jim's motorcycle early on in his arrivals here. Scabby has gone from one massive pile of scabby skin and bones who was deathly afraid of us to a love bug now. It has taken about a year for that to happen. He'd stick his head in through the cat door, stare at us so hard, wanting so so badly to come in but so afraid. Eventually he did come in, and now he's wonderful. He'll come cuddle me, sit at my feet when I'm reading or crocheting.
Today was all kinds of funny. He decided when I was having lunch to come stand on my boobs and try to taste the foods I was trying to eat. I'd just fed him about a can and a half of cat food, so I knew he wasn't hungry. He's just now convinced that our human food tastes so much better. He ate a patacone and some tuna, but turned up his nose at my broccoli salad. He's come a long way from not making eye contact to climbing me like a tree to try and taste my lunch, and I love it!


Comments