Adventures in Yatville

 

Since yesterday is such a dirty tale I thought I'd post clean, the downstairs bathroom at my Virginia house.

Thursday was run around with my eldest daughter and knock out buying everything on my list. When a box of 30 benadryls are 8 bucks a box in Costa Rica you tend to buy an enormous Walmart bottle of 365 for 4 bucks. Toss it into your suitcase for home in C.R. and you are golden.

I left my sweater, my lone sweater here, behind in my daughter's car so yesterday started with me getting a sweater off the markdown rack and a couple of long sleeved tees. I was excited that the sweater was a waffle weave material. I'm pleased by the dumbest things, I know.

Afterward we walked around the French Quarter, a dirty place that's usually busy. Not so much yesterday. We stopped into an adult video store for giggles, neither of us having any clue anyone still bought magazines and video. They do apparently. I guess they don't know about Porn Hub. We're not consumers of porn, but neither of us are against others using it.

I didn't want to go in, but I didn't want any repeat of what happened on Bourbon St. years ago with my ex. We got to a gig in New Orleans, in our stage makeup and clothing, only to find the gig cancelled due to problems at the club. We also wandered the Quarter that night. My ex and pals decided to hit the (at the time) quarter video parlor, a place where you inserted quarters, peered into the ancient nickelodeon, and cranked the handle to look at crude porn.

What I did was stay outside. I love people watching, and was having a blast all on my own when a nice looking middle aged man sidled up and asked me "How much?" I didn't know what he was talking about and said "How much what?" I was so dumb and naive then it took me a few minutes to realize he thought I was a sex worker. After I turned red as a beet and he left a giggling gaggle of frat rats turned up and we had the same conversation.

Yesterday as soon as the red painted building appeared I told Jim it looked more like a murder scene/creep house than a shop. This time I decided to go in instead of lurking outside. Yeah, I know I'm old and wrinkly but it does not stop some folks. We entered and sure enough it was chockablock full of porn, only the weirdest of porn film. Want to see clowns dressed as Nazis spanking a pile of Asian girls riding enormous fake frogs? They got you covered. Not really, but what I did see was so weird it's not too far off. We had a hard time controlling ourselves from laughing loudly at the place's content.

Today I'm taking a day off. Jim is off in Lafayette with a college friend while I'm in the hotel watching tv and crocheting. Tomorrow I visit with relative.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Ancient History With a Crystal Ball