Semana Santa Insanity

 

New Year's Eve surfing at Playa Avellanas. A beautiful sunset. We have the prettiest sunsets in dry season.

So we knew today was going to be insane. The traffic experienced a significant uptick starting late Friday. The government of Costa Rica pretty much shuts down the week of Easter (Semana Santa), and everyone decamps for the beach, turning our narrow one road in and out of Tama into gridlock. No parking, no nothing. 

We had things we could not put off, I needed crayons, which were hard to find here, only at the bookstore. So Jim dropped me at the bookstore and went to the bank. I walked around town to get my necessities, I'm trying to put together a batiked altar cloth for church, and cannot get the encaustic wax I need for that, so I'm improvising, making my own with pigments, wax and melted crayons.

We dealt with the crazy crowds, got what we needed and hightailed it down one of the dirt backroads. The rivers have dried up to the point where all the roads, even where I usually have to ford the river, are bone dry. The dried rivers look like strange roads. I'm tempted to hike a few. Maybe if I ever regain balance.

Before we left and after we came back this should have been labeled "Sayin' Don't Make It So" since it's typically all Without a Moral Compass type drama. Trolls targeted Tati Westbrook's Jewish lawyer Michael Saltz and said a ton of super anti Semitic things to him, now during Passover. 

I did a video this morning begging Mrs. No Moral Compass to cooperate with Saltz and law enforcement if she's not involved. To clear her own name. Her silence is deafening.

It was actually good to get away from that in the pool and running errands because I've been damn near heartbroken over the things said to Saltz, references to the Nazis, the Holocaust and all sorts of sickening things. If she's not involved with these folks she needs to condemn this and prove she's not involved. Holy Week. It's unacceptable. 

I thought about this, and so many other things, the silly and the sacred, this afternoon during another spectacular sunset watching the bats come out to play around the pool. None of this, not Katherine or her antics, matters not a hill of beans in the real world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Ancient History With a Crystal Ball