Frustration

 

I feel like these guys from "Office Space" do right now. The last 24 hours has been sort of frustrating, but I have no evil printer to go out and kick. Tried some comedy writing last night and one project helped. A poll on YouTube listing all the possible "evidence" that Todd Paulson holds against Tati and James Westbrook. The giggle helped.

Today shows signs of being no better. I need to get out and get in the pool, but the water pressure is nil right now, just like it frequently is towards the end of dry season. The Asada cuts water availability some days between 9 am and 4 pm to conserve what's left. I need to shower immediately after swimming lest my asthmatic dermatitis rears its ugly itchy head. This is a non negotiable for me.

Jim's on the phone with ICE already today, not understanding this will just close out our repair ticket and open another one, delaying the repair even more. I've already hissed at him about this.

Yesterday started well, with the exception it was a major pain day for me. I hurt in all the usual places hard. We ran out early to the church to do an inventory of the tee shirts Jim sells. I wanted to get the worship team set so I could download the lyrics into my Ipad. We inventoried and straightened and redid everything left askew by a full year not in church.

We spent a frustrating hour searching for that most elusive of things, some tee shirt manufacturing place that Jim could not remember the name or the exact location of. We meandered around Tama, coming to the conclusion that the guy must be out of business. So many places are closed because of the pandemic, most permanently. Going around to the last few open places and getting bids ate up the morning.

By the time we left my pain levels were so high I decided to swim, and walk in the pool. I got into the pool around 11 am, maybe a little afterwards. As I'm walking and swimming the pool pumps started gurgling in morse code before giving up the watery ghost. A rolling brown out, the other sometimes common thing in dry season. I still swam. The water pressure was good so I knew I'd be able to scrub off the nasty chemicals.

I got out only an hour later when Jim came rushing out of the house demanding I speak to the guys at ICE again. He'd called for an update on when we could expect repair service, only to have the agent decide this was a brand new problem, cancel our open ticket and start an entirely new one. This is what Ticos do! They shuffle and generate endless paperwork without handling the actual issue.

The call did not go well because once he started demanding I reboot the router after I'd already told him we had no electricity I started hissing at him like an evil very loud and angry snake. "I TOLD YOU WE HAVE ZERO ELECTRICITY! I'VE ALREADY TAKEN THE TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS A ZILLION TIMES WITH YOUR PEOPLE! HOW CAN I REBOOT A ROUTER WHEN THERE IS NO POWER!!" He huffily declared no repairs could take place without power. Well no shit Sherlock! He rescheduled us for today. Now Jim has talked to them and they've likely kicked it down the field until next Tuesday. This is the dark side of the Pura Vida. I usually deal well with it, but not at that moment.

The power stayed off five hours. Four of those hours I stayed in the pool, or around the pool. I planted my corn and zucchinis and watered the yard. I laid on the chaise lounges and read. It was a frustrating and peaceful afternoon with no power. A good analogy how absolutely truly powerless we all really are in our day to day lives without realizing it. 

I am a little sunburned now.

Jim isn't doing so well. His pulled teeth now have some infection so he spent the day chasing down the dentist, a problem when your dentist is someone that slips out to surf whenever he can. Had to wait until he returned from surfing Junquila. It made for a crazy tired and painful day for Jim. He does not deal well with pain.

He was panicking and freaking out over teaching last night and since the internet was out from the power failure he was unable to log into the teachings he wanted to cover, going with a worksheet and homework instead.

But when Jim was gone I damn near burned the entire house down. I am in so much pain and so dinged out on drugs after I finished cooking dinner I walked away from a lit stove. The only damage was the house was smoky and a plastic spatula melted into the frying pan. Stay away from drugs kids.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Ancient History With a Crystal Ball