Cooked and Crocked Before Noon
Today Jim and I were invited out to one of Jim's friends houses to look at their homemade furniture, custom made by some Tico artist. We're in the middle of the great remodel and Jim has been raving about the furnishings at his friend's house.
I was very much less than enthusiastic about going. This is the same 'friend' we first met back in August that acted like a total and complete jerk the first time I met him and gave me the lecture on our weight. Ain't nobody got time for that. Plus Jim tells me every time he stops by this dude's house
the guy is in the stupid clutches of Fox News. I definitely have no time for that!
But we went this morning, around ten am, with me grumbling slightly, and the day being what has to be the hottest one all year. Since Jim did not remember the street number we had to park at the Playa Grande beach parking lot and hoof it across the burning sand the twenty minutes to the back of Mr. Trump supporters house. I was wilting in the bright sunshine in actual clothing and shoes instead of my usual swimsuit and sarong combo. I had no idea when we set out that it was going to be a death march over the burning sands in actual clothing. It had to be a hundred in the shade.
We got to the house and Mr. Trump Supporter could not be unglued from what looked like Fox and Friends, so his wife gave us the grand tour, gave us the furniture makers name and phone number. Their home was beautiful, but the furniture was a disappointment to me. Very plain and not so nice to me. Not impressed, I like the custom stuff we've bought from Bruce at his local shop much better. Plus it was mostly almond wood and I still want all guanacaste wood to match all the cabinets, woodwork and closets in our house.
But what was a surprise that I ended up liking Mr. Trump Supporters wife. I'll call her Ann because I do not remember her first name. She was so kind, delightful, tripping around telling me about her few stained glass creations and collected art works. I think I've made a friend for life here. We ended up talking a long walk down towards our car, and Ann introduced me to her favorite iguanas. She's named all of them! She introduced me to all the neighborhood dogs and cats. She knew their names all too and did a lot of petting of animals. My kind of person!
I got the impression that Ann is lonely, very lonely. She talked my ear off and for once I didn't really mind. I guess having Mr. Trump Supporter for company either surfing or grunting at the tv isn't exactly fulfilling. I stayed three hours with Ann, while Jim did other errands. By the end I was wiped out from the heat.
There there only two flies in the ointment of the day. Ann was pretty, well there's just no pretty way to say it, pretty sloshed at ten am as I arrived. I'm afraid for her because a ten am drunk indicates something more serious going on. I'm going to make an effort to keep in touch with Ann,but I have to say that an inebriated older woman reminds me of one of my relatives I've rather not psychically summon up. I know the irrational oddball drama that accompanies that set of circumstances. No drama please!
The other sticky wicket is that I ran out of water quickly, and I left somewhat dehydrated. Before we got home, even if I guzzled two large waters bought at the bizarrely named Wil Mart, I'd started getting the headache and nausea I get when I am out in the heat too long without respite. For me the day was over. I spent it watching a marathon on tv and crocheting on a set of plarn baskets to store towels in. I'm going to go to bed early and start anew in the morning.
A quick note about Wil Mart. They are a small local grocery at the beach and they've straight up jacked Wal Mart's logo and logo colors. Such a blatant rip off I had to laugh! Wonder if Wal Mart knows?
I was very much less than enthusiastic about going. This is the same 'friend' we first met back in August that acted like a total and complete jerk the first time I met him and gave me the lecture on our weight. Ain't nobody got time for that. Plus Jim tells me every time he stops by this dude's house
the guy is in the stupid clutches of Fox News. I definitely have no time for that!
But we went this morning, around ten am, with me grumbling slightly, and the day being what has to be the hottest one all year. Since Jim did not remember the street number we had to park at the Playa Grande beach parking lot and hoof it across the burning sand the twenty minutes to the back of Mr. Trump supporters house. I was wilting in the bright sunshine in actual clothing and shoes instead of my usual swimsuit and sarong combo. I had no idea when we set out that it was going to be a death march over the burning sands in actual clothing. It had to be a hundred in the shade.
We got to the house and Mr. Trump Supporter could not be unglued from what looked like Fox and Friends, so his wife gave us the grand tour, gave us the furniture makers name and phone number. Their home was beautiful, but the furniture was a disappointment to me. Very plain and not so nice to me. Not impressed, I like the custom stuff we've bought from Bruce at his local shop much better. Plus it was mostly almond wood and I still want all guanacaste wood to match all the cabinets, woodwork and closets in our house.
But what was a surprise that I ended up liking Mr. Trump Supporters wife. I'll call her Ann because I do not remember her first name. She was so kind, delightful, tripping around telling me about her few stained glass creations and collected art works. I think I've made a friend for life here. We ended up talking a long walk down towards our car, and Ann introduced me to her favorite iguanas. She's named all of them! She introduced me to all the neighborhood dogs and cats. She knew their names all too and did a lot of petting of animals. My kind of person!
I got the impression that Ann is lonely, very lonely. She talked my ear off and for once I didn't really mind. I guess having Mr. Trump Supporter for company either surfing or grunting at the tv isn't exactly fulfilling. I stayed three hours with Ann, while Jim did other errands. By the end I was wiped out from the heat.
There there only two flies in the ointment of the day. Ann was pretty, well there's just no pretty way to say it, pretty sloshed at ten am as I arrived. I'm afraid for her because a ten am drunk indicates something more serious going on. I'm going to make an effort to keep in touch with Ann,but I have to say that an inebriated older woman reminds me of one of my relatives I've rather not psychically summon up. I know the irrational oddball drama that accompanies that set of circumstances. No drama please!
The other sticky wicket is that I ran out of water quickly, and I left somewhat dehydrated. Before we got home, even if I guzzled two large waters bought at the bizarrely named Wil Mart, I'd started getting the headache and nausea I get when I am out in the heat too long without respite. For me the day was over. I spent it watching a marathon on tv and crocheting on a set of plarn baskets to store towels in. I'm going to go to bed early and start anew in the morning.
A quick note about Wil Mart. They are a small local grocery at the beach and they've straight up jacked Wal Mart's logo and logo colors. Such a blatant rip off I had to laugh! Wonder if Wal Mart knows?
Comments