Ten Thousand Cookies
The last week has been emptying those boxes, sorting putting away, and dealing with the unfun part of moving.
I knew that the customs, aduana, was thieving here in Costa Rica. My first shipment of household goods of 40 boxes left us missing a set of large metal mixing bowls, a dozen linen kitchen towels back in November 2017. This time it was everything of value. It's been hard to take. We've been busy documenting the empty boxes and thievery.
You can only cry over something just so long because it gets overwhelming and stupid. I have reached the crying no more stage.
Jim finally finished painting the outside of the house. I took an afternoon to paint two murals on the walls past the windows outside of our guest bedrooms. I haven't painted in ages and it's been literal years since I did a mural on concrete. But I'm pleased by how both turned out.
Today was baking for a fundraiser. One of the local private schools is trying to raise funding for a bridge in rural Nicaragua by putting on a play. I baked the entire day dozens of cookies, while wrecking my kitchen. It straight up looks like I dynamited the Keebler Elves hollow tree. Well, not now, I did just get it cleaned up.
We were without water today. I blanked and forgot we're under a late dry season water reduction. No water from 8 am until 4 pm. Normally this is not an issue because when I remember I just do not wash clothing or dishes in those hours and our spare water tank holds plenty for hand washing and flushing the toilets. It just tanks the water pressure, but we have water.
We're in the driest part of Costa Rica and it's towards the end of dry season. This is pretty common when the local aquifer gets low. Come on rainy season! Today I had to use bottled water to wash hands and we were unable to flush. Such is living in paradise! A trade off.
Beginning to think I'm stupid for putting in a cat door. Stinky ran in clicking and buzzing through \t it a few minutes ago, opened his mouth and released the locust.
I knew that the customs, aduana, was thieving here in Costa Rica. My first shipment of household goods of 40 boxes left us missing a set of large metal mixing bowls, a dozen linen kitchen towels back in November 2017. This time it was everything of value. It's been hard to take. We've been busy documenting the empty boxes and thievery.
You can only cry over something just so long because it gets overwhelming and stupid. I have reached the crying no more stage.
Jim finally finished painting the outside of the house. I took an afternoon to paint two murals on the walls past the windows outside of our guest bedrooms. I haven't painted in ages and it's been literal years since I did a mural on concrete. But I'm pleased by how both turned out.
Today was baking for a fundraiser. One of the local private schools is trying to raise funding for a bridge in rural Nicaragua by putting on a play. I baked the entire day dozens of cookies, while wrecking my kitchen. It straight up looks like I dynamited the Keebler Elves hollow tree. Well, not now, I did just get it cleaned up.
We were without water today. I blanked and forgot we're under a late dry season water reduction. No water from 8 am until 4 pm. Normally this is not an issue because when I remember I just do not wash clothing or dishes in those hours and our spare water tank holds plenty for hand washing and flushing the toilets. It just tanks the water pressure, but we have water.
We're in the driest part of Costa Rica and it's towards the end of dry season. This is pretty common when the local aquifer gets low. Come on rainy season! Today I had to use bottled water to wash hands and we were unable to flush. Such is living in paradise! A trade off.
Beginning to think I'm stupid for putting in a cat door. Stinky ran in clicking and buzzing through \t it a few minutes ago, opened his mouth and released the locust.


Comments