Stinky and I Freak Out

Get up this morning after very little sleep to that most annoying no sleep problem. Crazy blood pressure numbers. Crying, laying down and copious pills brought it down, but pretty much shot the day. I felt too much like shit to do a thing, I didn't even show up for my fund raiser shift. I sent my regrets. Pretty sure I will not be missed because the night before they had so many volunteers they were tripping over each other.

The only thing real I did all day besides crash after getting the blood pressure numbers to come down after about 30 minutes was take Stinky to the vet. At least I tried. Our regular vet, a lovely lady from Spain directly across the street from our old rental house, said she was going out of business. She's closing up her office, selling everything and no longer offering what Stinky needed, his shots and yearly exam.

It's bad enough when we take Stinky there, and he knows and loves that vet. It's still a ballet of flailing cat limbs trying to avoid going into the carrier and piteous cries for help. It got a whole lot worse when I had to take my cat records and Stinky to the other local vet. Unlike our old one that was small, quiet and strictly cats the other place does it all and it's huge.

I've heard nothing but good things about the vet there, He's Italian and I have shopped at the store part when my vet is out of the one brand of cat litter I'm not allergic to, or to get Stinky's grain free dry food.

There's just a few problems, the place is huge, the place is filled with dogs. Stinky was a tiny stray I got at 8 or 9 weeks who is deathly afraid of dogs. He beats on any dog that comes anywhere near our yard, and has exhibited some behaviors that makes me think one of the local stray dogs tried to make a Scooby Snack out of him as a tiny kitten. To this day he cannot handle anything around his neck.

He didn't handle being where dogs are well at all. Complete and utter terror in this strange place with people he did not know. He even panicked so badly he peed on the carrier and Jim and I.  Clean bill of health and shots, but dramaz, hissing, freaking out, shaking.

I had the dramaz too. I started breaking out in an upper body rash from the dog dander wafting from the grooming section and my eyes started itching and swelling shut.

Love the new vet, but I am afraid I will be forced to find another one. A smaller clinic like we just left without a grooming salon and piles of barking dogs. This was just too hard on everyone's nerves.

This from a cat that chases iguanas twice his size and who brought me a bug last night the size of a 747.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids