Cranky as Fudge
Well, you know what I would like to say, but sadly enough saying 'those' words online these days of Google's censoring is no longer safe.
It's been a helluva (almost) week since Nigel passed. A spate of asthma towards the end of last week didn't help. Still dealing with the aftermath a little. Jim had a guy work on his motorcycle, and that guy, another Jose, spilled gasoline all over the inside of the car and on the patio. Gas fumes are one of the insta wheeze things out there.
Since the asthma already makes me cranky as eff it seemed to be a theme. Even on Sunday at church I observed lots of snappy cranky going on. One mother bitched another one out for giving her two kids each one of those nasty hard candies. She was upset that the kids got sugar. Another mother went after another one saying the daughter had been rude for telling her precious son to stop being rude to his mom. Ha! Yeah, I know, I would not have believed it had I not heard it.
I got cornered by one of the clone ladies, and yammered at that when Jim and I bought our house we should have let "International Househunters" film it. I had to curiously ask her why? She said, and I quote "To be famous!" I had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing at all, since it's the farthest thing from my mind. Plus, if you remember the red hot cluster-effedness of our house purchase, the screaming, the cursing, the lying by our realtor and sometimes us. Not the lying, but there was verbal tussling with the realtor when he tried to pit Jim and I against each other.
The cloney said "It's all fake anyway, So n So didn't even buy any of those places" Again, I just do not get wanting to be even faker on television. I guess I'm getting too damn old. Those crazy kids.
I think that's why Nigel and I were good friends. Neither of us is fake, or likes fake. I'm better with his passing, one of the things I did this week was paint a picture of him walking his beautiful late dog Gracie through the clouds. I feel peace, that and telling several people he'd fallen out with that he didn't really hate them. He just didn't know how to say sorry and find his way back to them. I think, I hope, I brought a few of them peace too. Nigel had his own set of demons, even if he was nothing but a lovely gentleman to me.
And then we hit today, a day of massive hateful crazy. Jim's social security check failed to arrive at our Costa Rican bank. Social Security blamed our local bank, our local bank blamed the people at Social Security. Only after we complained it suddenly showed up.
While Jim was at the bank I ended going to a pile of local places trying to find titanium white oil paint and more brushes.
But this afternoon is when it all went nuts. The nutty is our lawyer is demanding a very large sum of money for that BeeAreEyeBeeEee to finish getting our purloined shipping. It's not a matter of not having the money. We have it, but now Jim and I are at a stalemate. He's refusing to pay, I am insisting. I don't know what is going to happen next, but I do not want to give up my photos of my son's college graduation, or the other things we were supposed to get. I am shipwrecked in despair tonight. Tried to point out to him just to replace the hardwood desks and kitchen table it will cost more than the gratuity we're being asked to pay. Not to mention the entire sets of wicker furniture. It's so frustrating, even as I have mostly given up on getting anything. We have to try. We've been lied to so many times over this issue. If I had to list all the names of people we're dealt with or hired it is a long list going back a full year now.
I hope Jim wakes up in the morning with a changed mind. I suspect I will have to apply more pressure.
It's been a helluva (almost) week since Nigel passed. A spate of asthma towards the end of last week didn't help. Still dealing with the aftermath a little. Jim had a guy work on his motorcycle, and that guy, another Jose, spilled gasoline all over the inside of the car and on the patio. Gas fumes are one of the insta wheeze things out there.
Since the asthma already makes me cranky as eff it seemed to be a theme. Even on Sunday at church I observed lots of snappy cranky going on. One mother bitched another one out for giving her two kids each one of those nasty hard candies. She was upset that the kids got sugar. Another mother went after another one saying the daughter had been rude for telling her precious son to stop being rude to his mom. Ha! Yeah, I know, I would not have believed it had I not heard it.
I got cornered by one of the clone ladies, and yammered at that when Jim and I bought our house we should have let "International Househunters" film it. I had to curiously ask her why? She said, and I quote "To be famous!" I had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing at all, since it's the farthest thing from my mind. Plus, if you remember the red hot cluster-effedness of our house purchase, the screaming, the cursing, the lying by our realtor and sometimes us. Not the lying, but there was verbal tussling with the realtor when he tried to pit Jim and I against each other.
The cloney said "It's all fake anyway, So n So didn't even buy any of those places" Again, I just do not get wanting to be even faker on television. I guess I'm getting too damn old. Those crazy kids.
I think that's why Nigel and I were good friends. Neither of us is fake, or likes fake. I'm better with his passing, one of the things I did this week was paint a picture of him walking his beautiful late dog Gracie through the clouds. I feel peace, that and telling several people he'd fallen out with that he didn't really hate them. He just didn't know how to say sorry and find his way back to them. I think, I hope, I brought a few of them peace too. Nigel had his own set of demons, even if he was nothing but a lovely gentleman to me.
And then we hit today, a day of massive hateful crazy. Jim's social security check failed to arrive at our Costa Rican bank. Social Security blamed our local bank, our local bank blamed the people at Social Security. Only after we complained it suddenly showed up.
While Jim was at the bank I ended going to a pile of local places trying to find titanium white oil paint and more brushes.
But this afternoon is when it all went nuts. The nutty is our lawyer is demanding a very large sum of money for that BeeAreEyeBeeEee to finish getting our purloined shipping. It's not a matter of not having the money. We have it, but now Jim and I are at a stalemate. He's refusing to pay, I am insisting. I don't know what is going to happen next, but I do not want to give up my photos of my son's college graduation, or the other things we were supposed to get. I am shipwrecked in despair tonight. Tried to point out to him just to replace the hardwood desks and kitchen table it will cost more than the gratuity we're being asked to pay. Not to mention the entire sets of wicker furniture. It's so frustrating, even as I have mostly given up on getting anything. We have to try. We've been lied to so many times over this issue. If I had to list all the names of people we're dealt with or hired it is a long list going back a full year now.
I hope Jim wakes up in the morning with a changed mind. I suspect I will have to apply more pressure.
Comments
I saw what I assume to be the episode of HHI featuring your area. Those people are the reason Hermosa Beach (where they live in a McMansion) has turned into a mecca for rich DINKs. It used to be a fun town but now it's McMansions for 2 leveling all the little cottages. I kick myself for not buying there when I could have. I lived there 7 years and loved every minute.
Feel better,
Ann
(Ann Nienow Bowen)