Dumb Cancel Culture, Katie Joy of "Without a Crystal Ball" and Amusement



I haven't stopped smiling and laughing since arising this morning and discovering I am the subject of one of "Without a Crystal Ball" Katie Joy videos made last night. It's unbelievably dumb and oh so wrong on every level!

Back last year when a group of online folks that don't like me decided I do not live in Costa Rica I laughed. They thought I merely jetted back and forth and posted from hotel rooms in Costa Rica. I also laughed hard, feeling amused for days on end. I wish! That way I'd never have to clean up and there would always be fresh towels instead of me slogging around yelling at the mister to stop dropping his wet damn towels everywhere. We rarely fight, but I taken abandoned wet towels seriously in a tropical clime. I hate mildew!

This has been physically a tough week due to the reappearance yet again of another bout of crazy bad asthma. The same crazy bad asthma that at one point the research doctors at Johns Hopkins thought about doing a bronchialplasty and using botox to keep my vocal cords from shutting. It sucks. I hate it. But I am thrilled I am not having Shingles or something worse with it. It's my life and it plays into what went down between Katie Joyless and I.

I've known Katie some time. We used to talk back when she wrote for Patheos. Eventually I did block her for awhile after every conversation devolved into her complaining about David McAfee, Hemant Mehta, Captain Cassidy, Dale McGowan and others. Sometimes the complaint was that someone had written about something she was covering, but mostly it involved jealous griping about the amount of attention our editor Dale McGowan was paying to some male writer instead of the wonder that was her. Very tiresome to listen to.

Fast forward to her standing up an extremely sick I in the May/June range. I was hurt and upset because she lacked any and all consideration for the disabled me. If she had just sent me a little message saying that the day would not work we would not even be having this conversation right now. I would have happily gone back to the things I do without sparing a brain cell to think about her and what she does.

It was only after that point, when others pointed me to the many times she'd misquoted me, used information incorrectly, misstated the theology behind Evangelicalism, misstated peoples names and the names of the books written. She gets a lot of things in my particular wheelhouse very wrong.

It was this, not her standing up of me, that changed my feelings into anger. Do not misquote me. Do not misunderstand my explanations. This is the crux of my dislike of her. She does not take the time to be accurate in her videos when talking about anything to do with Evangelicalism.

Whenever I call her out now it is always for her lack of real information and mangling what she does say. I don't post that she likely has uneven fish lips, or any of the other ridiculous and sometimes fun things people say about her on various boards and groups. I'm not a member of the funny Reddit group that tracks her. I am friends with those that dislike her and are determined to hold her cyber feet to the fire for exposing the medical information of minors, exposing minors to ridicule, or the 193,309 people she's fighting with today.

It's interesting in the same sick way that watching mentally not all there Mae Thompson is, or reading the truly awful fiction written by one L. Anne Carrington. Some weird internet internut thing.

I plan on speaking out each and every time she spouts information about the same subjects I cover on NLQ. People who misinform others are doing them a grave disservice.

Now, I'm not even going to debunk her laundry list of lies against me. They are all incredibly laughable. But the silliest one is claiming I make 50K a month selling made up stories to the tabloids about one Josh Duggar. I have never done this, I will never do this. I sit here, giggling in the maid's room off the laundry room, my temporary office while the master bedroom suite is defuming from last week's painting to repair a leaking roof. I wish!!!! I would have a solid gold mink lined hot tub and a maid actually living in this tiny room to make sure I never wash a dish or have to dust ever again!

She is well aware of what Patheos payments are like, and knows it's not enough to afford me much beyond funding my terrible art and crafting habit every month. I do not do what I do for money. I consider warning others off certain types of religion more of a public service, not a career, not a job. I am comfortable enough on investment income not to have to work. It's a huge blessing to be in that position after years of struggling to get everyone raised and through college and grad school. I am so incredibly grateful for the life I have now.

Here's what I am wondering today. Many times when people accuse you of odd things like this they are projecting what they do right onto you. I am wondering if perhaps she's been selling information to the tabloids. Is she?

~~~~~
Edited to add just spoke to my editor at Patheos. I may be shortly discussing her on Patheos too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids