Stirred and Just a Little Shaken

Have you seen this yesterday and today?


A devastating tragedy that has happened in Beirut, Lebanon. Yesterday a warehouse filled with sodium nitrate exploded, killing many, and leaving the city in tatters, with more people homeless than with an undamaged home.

I am heartbroken over this. A region flourishing after years of fruitless wars. Some of the kindest people I've met through the years are Lebanese.  But heartbroken over the massive suffering of a city filled with people.

Keep hearing stories of the heroes emerging from this, like the nurse that rescued three tiny babies at the hospital, keeping them safe. Or the many people coming out to hunt for others alive in the wreckage. It gives me hope for the future, that not everyone in this world is a selfish mask-unwearing bastard. That people at heart are decent, kind, giving and forgiving. In the midst of death there is always hopeful life.

I've been shuffling around from highly air conditioned room to room yesterday and today, trying to turn off the asthma, and to stay calm every single time my windpipe tries to close. It's hard to deal with so much of what's going on in this world, from the pandemic to disasters like this. I found myself watching "Jeffrey Epstein: Filthy Rich" last night on Netflix for a little light viewing compared to everything else on the news we get here.

While I was watching this tragedy and rescue unfold yesterday and today I got to see someone who used to be a friend trying to sue everyone on the internet for not praising her. It's problematic behavior that has escalated over the years. She used to be so bent out of shape and complaining whenever our editor at Patheos failed to provide snuggles and attagirls! This is merely a continuation of that.

No, you cannot send a cease and desist letter or a no contact order through Twitter and it be legal.
No, you cannot sue people for personal opinions.
No, the entire world does not revolve around you!

I find this type of behavior beyond disgusting and disturbing. Particularly right now. There's a huge hurting world out there, and this idiot has decided she's fatally butthurt over the words of strangers.

Me? I'm going back into completely ignoring her mode again. I cannot take the negativity, the constant drama, the possible mental issues and more all of the time.

I am glad to see they are starting to collect money and supplies plus bring in international helpers to ease this. CNN's Impact the World program is starting to raise funds to help out.

Remember that it is always better to ignore negative toxic people and focus on what's really important in life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids