It Is What It Is Part Two
Today Jim went back to the doctor and hospital to have his shoulder looked at yet again. Eighteen months ago he fell off a two foot stepladder and broke bones in his shoulder. It was a medical flight to San Jose, surgery and four days in the Hospital Metropolitano. He's still not right.
We just found out that the setting screws placed in to hold the bones together have worked loose and he's on the verge of a rebreak. Looks likely he's headed back to surgery. Either to remove the screws, or replace them in some fashion. I am so not looking forward to this. The only good news is that it looks like it can take place at the Hospital Metropolitano branch in Liberia, which is an hour drive, not a five hour drive away. Details as I find them out.
Jim is one of the most miserable chafing at the bit sick people you could ever imagine. Wanting to be up and about, swimming, motorcycle riding, climbing, doing. About a 180 degrees from me and my asthma/mast cell.
At the same time I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that the flu or cold I had in February was likely to have been Coronavirus. My lungs ache, they ache and are tight every single day. This is something more than simple asthma, and I'm too exhausted dragging myself around, unable to swim much, or tolerate any sort of slight allergen. Something is super messed up. As soon as I can get the antibodies test I think I must get it.
I did get the entire house floor scrubbed and cleaned of that filthy water from the flood yesterday. Just having the crew in to remove the water was well worth every penny. With my asthma I really cannot do it any longer. The damp, the cleansers I had to use, all of that have done a number on my lungs now, and I'm too tired to care about things like this week's KJ Blackout, or even much to do with NLQ. Blah!
Need a spa day. If only the spas were open and there was no COVID about. I see a Netflix and Chill day coming up instead. Not the same.

Comments