Get Back

 ....to bed.. to some pain meds.... to fever reducers, etc.

A recent visitors. These guys are much rarer that the green or gray variety. He's huge.

Yesterday I should have known something was happening in the old body. I usually don't get negative and start questioning what I'm doing until right before I get sick. It, and extreme sadness or anger, are usually pretty good barometers that something is coming.

The something happened. Got up today with a fever, body aches in every place I've ever injured. The usual lung asthma is coming tightness, low oxygen stats, lung pain and low blood pressure. It feels like I'm getting the flu with none of the nasty running nose and coughing. One very bad bit, blinding back pain every time I stand up on both sides. Not really back pain, more like flank pain, lower back between the small of the waist and the butt. I almost never get this type pain, but when it happens it's awful, takes heat, Tramadol and rest to go away.

I'd always assumed it's part of my thin disks in my back, but after googling without probable cause I am wondering if it's endometriosis. Back when I had my hysterectomy I'd already had years of trouble with endo, to the point that one of the things they did during the surgery was remove a lot of adhesion and endo at the same time. It was one of the reasons we did a hipbone to hipbone incision, to get out all the visible endometriosis during the surgery.

All this time I'd been just assuming since then it was gone, but found based on reading that pain where I am having it is most likely to be endo. I'm reading how it can regrow after removal, and post menopause. It explains crazy pain in an area not near anything that is possible of hurting like that. Eight inches higher and I would think it's my kidneys. I can see I'm going to have to get a consult with a doctor specialized in endo and explore this theory. It feels like my other endo pain of the distant past.

This is not something I develop often. The last time I had this horrible blinding pain from there was back over ten years ago. Tramadol and laying down for now.

At the same time poor Jim is being tasked silly. Friends of ours called today to say they are under suspected COVID quarantine and need us to do the grocery shopping, which means with my crazy flank pain Jim to do the shopping. I'm pretty sure the other grocery customers would not like to hear me scream while I stand and walk. So tomorrow he's doing a huge grocery run for them, and another one for us, and I'll be stretched out on the king sized bed reading about ancient Irish Kings. He'll be washing some dishes too. I'll likely be moved on to a book about criminal justice reform by then.

Today I did only one task. Order a wedding gift for our friend who is getting married. Another Ohio wedding violating all the Ohio wedding COVID restrictions. We cannot attend due to no flights from here to there.

We sat together, Jim and I, to look at the registry and figure out what to buy. Either wedding registry etiquette has changed tremendously while I've gotten ancient, or the bride is on the unusual side. There were a few traditional items like sheets and housewares, but the majority of the list was things like power tools, Doritos, other snacky food items, fast food gift cards, and camping gear. 

Jim and I looked at each other and said "Huh?" over this list before laughing that his mother would have had heart failure over it. I remember her insistence I ask for certain things like fancy china and crystal that I had no real use for when Jim and I got married. Ah, those piles of sweet sweet wedding gifts!

Times sure change, for good and for bad. The good is being able to find a doctor skilled in dealing with odd health issues. The bad, being puzzled by the tastes of millenniums.   C'est la vie! We ordered the sheets and bedding.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids