Pesto, Nick Sandmann, and an All New Basket of Deplorables

I didn't do much today. I made fresh pesto from the basil I accidentally picked up on my grocery buying errands for the quarantined folks I know here on COVID quarantined. There's no Instacart or Shipt in Costa Rica. During my rush through Come Frutas I grabbed two bulging plastic bags from the shelf labeled "Espinacha", seeing dark green leaves. When I got them to the recipients house it was obvious I had grabbed two bags of sweet basil No biggy. Ran out and got the spinach and hauled the basil home to make pesto.

While I was making pesto CNN started reporting on who all the RNC has tapped to give speeches at the Republican National Convention. Contrasting their slate with who all has spoken at the ongoing Democratic convention was laughable. That demon sperm doctor! Kid Rock, Ted Nugent, the My Pillow guy, those two gun nuts in St Louis, and... drum roll please.... that Maga hatted kid that got into some sort of kerfluffle at the Lincoln Memorial back in January 2019. Yeah, that kid, Nick Sandmann, who turned around and sued a pile of media outlets for their coverage of the event.

 

After I picked myself off the floor for laughing so hard over this mixed bag of bad ideas I had to wonder what in the heck has happened to the Republican party that these are their best and brightest that they could scrape up for a national convention. Not an impressive bunch. No senior statesmen bringing dignity and gravitas to the platform. To quote the late great New Orleans native named "Doctor John" from the film "Blues Brothers 2000" - "A bunch of wanna be players"

 A national convention they are making no efforts to even do any parts of online or social distancing during a very contagious pandemic. There will be even more infections coming out of the convention.

Does anyone remember the recent death of Herman Cain? Infected at the first Trump rally. Like I said last night, I know some Trump supporting types that live here that happen to be returning from Sturgis right now. Likely to infect everyone in their path. What must it be like to be too stupid to realize that an infectious disease does not care what your political party is, who you vote for, what you ate for dinner, or if you had an abortion. Death and disease literally can strike anyone. The Bible says that the rain falls on the just and the unjust.

The absolutely most giggle worth part of all of this is a few weeks ago I got a pile of comments here, at No Longer Quivering and in my email box from people claiming to be friends and family of the little Maga hatted boy calling me the c word and worst, threatening me with physical violence and lawsoottttts in the most unhinged misspelled ways. Why? I mentioned the incident on No Longer Quivering.

Here's where that is super stupid. I do not ever talk smack about kids at No Longer Quivering. I just don't. Life is hard enough as a teen without the world and the unwashed masses speculating over stupid things you might do as a teen. When I was that young I did enough foolish hijinks, even at Catholic school, that I would not want blasted around the world as an old lady. Hello, cow tipping and little Miller beers! Give the kids at least some privacy. This is one of the reasons I absolutely hate a certain video blogger that shares medical records and other confidential information about minors for clicks and money. Just stop doing that!

I made exactly three references, all in passing because bloviating blowhard Doug Wilson was screeching out about them. Here's what was said with links to the pieces.

Talking of Wilson -

" While he’d been busy decrying the public spanking the teens from Covington Catholic received for their role in the situation at the National Mall he’s pretty much calling for the beheading of Northam."

More speculation on Wilson's ideas - 

" I was curious as to Doug’s views after he excused the MAGA-hatted dude-bros of Covington Catholic School’s behavior."

Speaking of the culture of white racism in America - 

" You sure would not know that by how swiftly white America justified and explained away what Covington Catholic school boys did on the National Mall."

These are literally the only brief mentions I made of those boys on No Longer Quivering. None of which are even remotely actionable, much less worth suing over. Stupid kids will be stupid kids. 

And now one of those kids, who I am not even sure is of legal age to vote, will be speaking for the Republicans. Jesus wept!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Ancient History With a Crystal Ball