Cleaning Up, Moving Around and the Same Old
I've been busy today. Over three weeks ago we had a crew of guys come in to redo the roof and then they moved on to the ceiling in the master bedroom.
This was the master bedroom suite two weeks ago. It was quite the job! The house has had several alterations since building, adding on the large master suite after the first two years it was built, bumping out the living room, kitchen and adding a maids room. The living room, master bedroom and kitchen have cathedral raised ceilings, the rest of the bedrooms jewel box ceilings with recessed lighting.All these alterations had made for a roof with strange angles and steep pitches in places, leading to a leak here in the master bedroom at the very beginning of rainy season.
I dread these repairs for a couple of reason. One is strange people in and out of the house, dust, dirt, noise. Not to mention the fumes of drying paint and caulking and such making my asthma go insane.
But a week and a few days after they rolled out the fumes from the ceiling paint seemed to have faded. So today was a thorough scrub, and room resets in the master, the guest room, and the sewing room I was using last week.
The master bedroom took forever! The guys picked up and cleaned up after themselves better than most, but there was still a lot to be done. Add in that it's a huge room, or rather, rooms interconnecting. There's a dressing room area with 3 ten foot long closets, a living room sort of area with a love seat and a television in a cabinet, and then the actual bedroom-bedroom with my desk, a fifteen foot long tv cabinet, and our California King waterbed. It's a lot of acreage and right where they were working. I had construction dust and the odd paint smear to clear up.
Shot looking into the sleeping area. Nice and simple without too much clutter I find works best for me.Didn't touch the room with Jim's office set up in one of the other bedrooms. After discovery that not using the air conditioning very often in the other guest room and the sewing room means the occasional small iguana getting into the system and pooping on the beds one of the things I really wanted to do was move all the beds under the air conditioning units. No more surprises when you go to sleep in another room for any reason. I moved the beds against the windows, away from the units. Really changes the entire looks of the rooms.




Comments