It Is What It Is
Stinky looking most annoyed because I keep calling his name right after berating him for tearing into the cat food bag of the cheap stuff we feed the strays. You'd never know he gets the good grain free stuff based on his love of bread and Lil Frisky's.
Been another series of very odd days here. Sunday I did end up going out with Jim to grocery shop. We had several sets of friends with COVID exposure on quarantine we had to shop for along with our own things. Sunday was bad, not a bad asthma day, but I swear I had literally every symptom of COVID save one, never lost taste or smell. I stumbled and shambled around masked and exhausted playing everyone's favorite game "COVID or Cold?"
We dropped off everyone's grub using really silly 'Secret Squirrel' type arrangements, i.e. "Put the bags halfway up the stairs and then knock" or "Place the bags in the back of the car and then lock the car door and we'll fetch them after you leave." Now I have new respect for the people working for Shipt and Instacart. It's not the easiest trying to get info out of people to make informed choices, like someone writing down "Olive Oil". Do they want Extra Virgin? Big or little bottle, store brand or fancy? Choices, choices.
I fell into bed afterward and slept much of Sunday.
Monday arrives and I get wind from the health department that someone we had contact with the previous Monday now has COVID, him and his entire family. We were never closer than six feet and we were masked the entire time. Plus my crud is lifting. It's just a cold. This is the one guy refusing to mask, saying that COVID was no problem, it was a government conspiracy. Have fun with recovery from that conspiracy dude!
The Costa Rican government is finally allowing legal residents to return to the country so I spent part of Monday on the phone with one of them, begging him to bring me back two bottles of one of the meds I am on, industrial sized asthma meds I am almost out of. Ordered, paid for, and hopefully on their way to his daughters house in Virginia Beach to be toted back here soon. I know this means we will see the sudden reappearance of the millionaire class here again. Tama will no longer be a ghost town.
We heard this morning that one of the blond clone ladies I've spoken of here and her husband are in Sturgis this last week. They are merrily posting photos from the bike rally. The very last time I spoke with them they were laughing over how silly all of us worry warts were over this virus. They claimed the same thing the joker from last week did, that it was a hoax. God bless our president!
I cannot for the life of me figure out how so many people could possibly be so incredibly stupid in the face of overwhelming scientific information and medical reports as to not think this is real.
I suppose next week I've hear those two have it too. This is the same lady I had to explain one Sunday how there is no way that Obama was responsible for 9/11.
Yesterday and today were mask making. My N99s from Britain are being delayed due to supplier materials issues and my N95s are starting to get some mileage on them. I need them for those times I am exposed to things like make the asthma go nuts. So it's mask making time here. Last night's batch.
Leftover quilting fabrics from old projects. I based the design around a mask I bought for Jim, fitted with three layers of cotton, using thin ponytail holders to go over the ears.
But then I started reacting to the finish on some of the fabrics so I washed fabrics today most of the day.
We've been watching the Democratic Convention and I've discovered in the last few days "Dirty John: Betty" about Betty Broderick. I don't know quite what I think about the convention yet beyond I think all the Trump bashing will backfire with his base. It is the show on Betty Broderick that has taken my attention. Recently I read a couple of books on the case, and remember thinking that I could easily see why Betty snapped and gunned down Dan. The gaslighting was horrific in that case. Why are abusers always so surprised when the abused snap and react back?


Comments