Boozy to the Bone
Does accidentally drinking a lizard that got into your coffee pot and cup count as booze? Didn't even make me hallucinate although I was grossed out to find it at the bottom of the cup!
So Billy Joel is here, still here, even as he was supposed to leave this afternoon. Basically the way it's gone has been Billy Joel in the bed until 9 or 10 am before limping complaining of back aches or fatigue, works slowly for two to three hours, and then says he's leaving to go see a man about a dog, or money owed him, or who knows. Billy returns in the wee small hours saying he does not feel well, but smelling of liquor. Today he got up at literally 1 pm.
I just told Jim, very calmly and rationally though I sort of feel like shouting, that Billy must go. He's still not done yet with the work we're paid him for, but in my eyes I do not care that he still owes work.
It's been an interesting few days. Poor Jim is felled by "Man-fluenza" that startling illness involving a cold or flu that makes a normally very healthy guy complain he is DYING! I've had a very much milder version of the same cold with it not slowing me down at all. I think it's milder because of the asthma drugs maybe, or it's not milder at all but I'm so used to being sick as hell with the asthma that this does not even register with me.
But I am playing step and fetch it, running into town to get him a box of Gex, a cold med you can mix with hot water. Got cans of soup and a few basic things we're out of.
Did I mention that I cannot wait until Billy is gone? Cooking for another person is a pain in the ass. I couldn't do it on the regular. I didn't realize how many times I've left Jim to eat like a child while I live on fruit, veggies and cheese.
Comments