This Uptown Girl Don't Go Changing (At Least Her Towels)
Haven't been in the guesthouse yet to see if there is any damage, but I did ask him to bring me the towels he's been using. Ruined, pure white, now thick with brown sludge on all six. Two washings with hot water and bleach did very little.
Yesterday I was griping about looking out and seeing the wet towels laying on the bare ground under the almond tree. No sunlight penetrates there. I don't know why he didn't do like I do when traveling, laying them over the patio furniture until they are dry. Safe from harm and random dirt. I would have just given him pool towels had I had any idea.
It was kind of funny because the second I posted that I was pissed about the towels yesterday on Twitter I got to see someone griping that if I was rich the cost of those towels would not bother me. Sweetheart, I am comfortable, not rich. There is a difference. We have been spending like fiends lately too, but the house needed it. Next up a complete kitchen remodel, but not this year. I am exhausted.
Plus having to make a trip into Crate and Barrel in Escazu to buy more of this super thick grade towel does not appeal to me at all. It's a five hour drive one way. Plus I am very funny about my possessions. I take care of them. I never take them for granted. My things are my things.
This person was laboring under the falsehood that all people with more money than her thinks and treats everything as disposable. As if! Some of the biggest tightwads I know are wealthy beyond your dreams of avarice. I am thrifty and just will do without rather than overpay, or continually buying duplicates of everything.
The guesthouse towels have been a bugaboo since we bought this place. In particular the kitchen towels. Every time I turn around a Tico repairman is wiping his dirty mitts on my very cute kitchen towels in the guesthouse instead of on the paper towels. Ruining them.
The next time I do a Price Smart/Costco run I have to buy towels. They have decent ones but not as thick and fluffy as those I bought at Crate and Barrel.
On the plus side I now have a lovely sewing table and a custom end table I'm about to tile with the broken plates. Its all good. There will always been more towels.

Comments