Won't You Take Me To... Crazytown?
So things have gotten officially wild here. Wilder than this begging coatimundi
On a non griping side there have been glorious naps and bookreading. We're still getting adjusted to the new kitchen island. Smack dab in the middle of the kitchen, six feet by four feet with four feet walking distance all the way around. If you strip it and our kitchen cabinets out the room measures roughly 20 feet by 20 feet, worlds bigger than our small galley style kitchen in Virginia.
I can't decide if I like the bigger kitchen or the smaller one, but the kitchen island feels right. Even Jim has embraced it once he realized he does not have to walk across the kitchen to put his bowl of cereal down before getting the milk. I figured he'd like it once it was in. Photos soon.
On the other front we have Billy Joel here building more furniture. I'm getting a small table made that I can do a mosaic top on with my broken china and a custom sewing machine cabinet.
Billy Joel being here is both good and horribly bad. He's been carrying for Velma since she had her hip surgery, and apparently used her bank card to bar hop without her permission. Super drama and he's out on his ass and elbows. All of his tools are here and Jim has agreed to let him spent two nights here. I am not happy about it at all, but at the end of the furniture building Jim offered to buy him a bus ticket back to his momma's house in San Jose.
He says this is what he's going to do, but I have my doubts. He just disappeared into the night to see a man about a dog (get drunk I am sure) while claiming he's chasing down a buddy that owes him money. Me? I'm just sitting back and watching all this bs unfold without really caring. Everything valuable is in the safe.

Comments