Soup and Suffering


After a glorious four days of no asthma it came roaring back in the worst way. Yesterday was so awful I started wheezing when trying to apply baby oil. My eyes swelled shut when I started working on a new quilt I am naming "Octopus Garden" from the finishing on the fabrics, and the wheezing started up again.  Literally everything provoked it. Iron clothes, start wheezing from the starch. Mop the bedroom floor and wheeze from the very mild soap I was using. I just cannot get a break. Five long months of this crap, I'm getting beyond upset about it and have no life that does not revolve around the drug regimen and allergen avoidance.

I drug around miserable yesterday and today. I've been saving a couple of books by some of my favorite authors and I've been reading a lot and laying in bed. Jim is freaking out because this has been dragging on since January. He's never been around me so much when it's been this awful, like back in 2007 when I kept waking up intubated in the hospital. He was working long hours in D.C., and would be showing up after the fact.

He's starting to question me about it, insist that switch doctors, see another specialist, another drug, another treatment. Told him that maybe it's time to switch biologics and start back on a regimen of medical marijuana. But it's not even legal for medical purposes here. A real catch 22. Plus I hate, hate, hate that stoned feeling. The thing I loved at 15 is a mere annoyance right now. But it works.

The asthmatic dermatitis is back too. Itching and bitching, having to spend morning, noon and night immersing myself in what feels like a vat of Crisco.

I did learn one thing tonight, do not leave a man alone with food without pre portioning first. Today we took our friend's car out for it's weekly drive, and ended up at Gringo Central Auto Mercado, where I ended up buying that oh so bad for you but delicious Campbells Chunky soup. It's a rare treat since it is five bucks a can. Got home, opened the two cans, put in a pot on the stove while telling Jim I was heating up enough for both of us. Turned my back and he'd poured himself a bowl. Pouring ALL of the soup in a big mixing bowl. I only discovered it when I went to get some of that soup and encountered an empty pot.

There are things I will never understand. Someone deliberately consuming that much salt and calories in one sitting is one of them. He made the mistake of complaining about how bloated and sick he felt afterward. I just laughed and said, what you do expect. Two full cans. He wonders why his weight will not come done. I guess I should be happy it's not Kit Kat bars.

Comments

Can you get someone to send you some edibles? I have been using lollipops that are 60mg of THC and they even out my pain and I can rest. I can't smoke because of my asthma but edibles do the trick. I had a bar of chocolate mint that lasted almost a year in my freezer.
The problem with that being that CR customs is so super strict about what you can and cannot mail or receive. I do bring back some when I travel, but it is so illegal here I'm afraid to import too much. I've seen them arrest folks at the airport with large amounts of edibles. Authorities turn a blind eye to gringos with small amounts and the buying and selling of small amounts. There's a lady at the night farmers market who sells the brownies, and that is what I use. The COVID crisis has shut the night market and driven the dealers off the beach. I think I'm going to do a big buy and make the oil.

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Ancient History With a Crystal Ball