Gimme Coffee
Coffee I got and high protein cookies I got the last time I did a big shopping run to the U.S.A. back in September 2019. There are days when I miss the convenience of the States, everything you need 24 hours a day, even coffee. Much better coffee here, but a lack of coffee shops, and no gas station has coffee.
Coffee is one of those things that my husband Jim and I differ on so much. He likes the way it tastes, but cannot handle the caffeine. When we were dating he drank some of my great aunt's Cajun coffee, boiled on the stove top in an old fashioned coffee maker. Strong as Hercules and black as night. He didn't sleep for three days. All to impress Great Aunt Nan.
Me? I cannot function without a cup or three in the mornings. I'm either extremely befuddled, or serial killer on edge. I stumble around, he is talking ten million miles a minute while I'm trying to figure out how to open the coffee canister and turn on the pot.
I don't get it. I cannot be that way at all. I have to do like my father. He had several cups. You could not talk to him while he was reading the paper and drinking those first few cups. I am the same way, but I read the electronic paper either on my Ipad or laptop. Don't ask me to think, or do math.
Today Jim went back to church. I did not. Church reopened as part of the 2.5 master plan of reopening that got completely rejiggered here in Costa Rica just over a week ago. What they are doing now is doing most of the same reopening they'd planned for phase 3, but now everyone must mask all the time when outside your house. If you are in an area with high numbers of COVID cases that area is on Phase 1 of the reopening.
I find Jim's tales of church this morning disturbing because they started off following the government rules and laws on reopening with social distancing and masking, but before the worship team finished most people had removed their masks. I find that disturbing. It will be a long time before I darken the door of any church. Being the high risk group means I'm going to keep being extra cautious.
Knew Jim was champing at the bit to go. He's an extrovert, where I am good at home with my cat, books and crochet. I am not. I am perfectly at home and comfortable in my own company in times like these.
One of the things I've been up lately again is starting a new website just to store all the COVID related stories and crazy memes. It's been hard to watch people misunderstanding the importance of masking for everyone's health. So I set up http://www.mask-shaming.com for a dumping ground for my COVID angst.
Something I do regularly is bulk buy domain names through my business account. I try to pick things I think will be trending shortly. Usually I don't use them, or I do for a short time, or I come up with another blog here to link on these things. I resale the domain names when I can. I usually own between 10 and 50 domain names, picked up super cheap and resold. Yes, another small business I've done for many years now. I'm financially ahead so far after years of doing this. Like hearing the phrase "Republican Clown Car" and buying every variation of that name. You might end up with names that do not sell, but when you buy ten at a few bucks each and resell a few at a thousand or five hundred dollars you make out like a bandit.
Yes, mask-shaming is for sale, and I have no doubt it will, along with a few others. This is why I have a huge pile of abandoned Blogger sites. Many were used to put up a few pages to resell something in the distant past. A certain troll seems to think piles of abandoned blogs have some deep significance, but like all of his other theories the actual true is pretty dull.
I like money, easy money, and usually have various things going on. My pedicures and spa days aren't going to pay for themselves. My art supplies can be costly as hell.

Comments