Humming Along
Not my image. Someone else took this but I wanted to show you the intense color of the little guys I am seeing here daily.
We have hummingbirds again now that the rainy season has started. Tiny ones this time in brilliant shades of blue, green and violet. Last few years have been bigger more common hummingbirds that click angrily when they saw us. They'd dart up to the picture window in my bedroom in front of the birds of paradise, tut out an angry staccato and depart for less human infected flowers.
These new guys are maybe two to three inches from head to tail and brilliantly colored. They seem to have no fear of us, coming around the pool to feast up the heliconia, birds of paradise and the ginger blooms, even if we are standing right next to them. They dart up to the bedroom picture window, come right up to the glass to look in at me at my desk before flying away to harvest nectar from the birds of paradise right in front of the window.
Yesterday I was fascinated to see one of them fly in controlled circles around the grapefruit tree shading my window. carefully looking for grapefruit blossoms. I hope that means it will bloom soon.
I am digging these guys relaxed vibes, and how they come around without an angry peep and do their thing, understanding we mean them no harm at all.
Yesterday I decided I needed relaxed vibes. I've shut off all my messengers, and only look at social media once or twice a day now. Since COVID 19 started I have had days when I have had to post and update multiple times a day. I've had reams of people contacting me for a variety of reasons on messenger. Bad news pouring out the media like raw sewage and the idiotic ravings of demented Katie Joy fans and Lori Alexander fans. I found myself dealing with so much stuff that really isn't in my wheel house, that was cutting dramatically into the time I was supposed to put into working on my book. I started feeling chained to my desk.

Comments