Laughing Finally



Mountains and volcanoes topped with cloud cover near Liberia

The last few weeks have really been so depressing. I had a hard time even thinking about my birthday while everyone was asking me if I was having a good time. I turned 60 earlier this week and it's not a milestone I am excited to reach. I will be way happier in two years when I hit 62 and can file for Social Security, that's if Trump doesn't raid it, and steal it before then.

Nope. I was not having a good time. Everyone tried. Flowers, cake, going out to eat, presents and phone calls. It wasn't them. It was me. But my brain kept drifting back to COVID 19, the riots and marches over the death of poor George Floyd, Trump's idiocy and a million other things.

It didn't help that it's rainy here, cold and rainy I had a sweater last night. It didn't help to discover friends and family were at the D.C. protests, several near the White House the night of Trump's photo op  It didn't help that I was fighting off a cold right after the asthma finally lifted, playing that torturous mental game "Is it a cold or Covid?" It didn't help that I can see that the COVID 19 cases are on the rise here, the government is declaring "Job DONE! Let's REOPEN!" while church members are clattering and clacking to let old timers and sick folks die so they can surf again. It didn't help I can see people I know well here ignoring all health rules, doing lots of illegal things.

The reality here is that we're having lots of infections here in the northern part of the country. Many directly linked to Nicaraguans flooding into the country illegally, slipping through the borders.

Add in that I am having to write about these disturbing shitty things for NLQ to compound what is going on in my mind. It does not help.

But last night happened. Someone on one of the Facebook groups posted a curious link. To Larry Solomon's sex site. Yes, Larry has decided to start trying to educate the fundamentalist evangelical world on sex. I laughed. I laughed so hard I was crying reading through his new site. It's just a rehash of his old articles self justifying masturbation, self justifying polygamy, and demanding sex of women without reciprocation on pleasure.

I laughed so hard I was peeing my pants over the very vanilla sex positions page Larry put up with the standard stuff like Mish Posish, Woman on Top, and other feats of undaring do. And here I'd been thinking Larry's only sex life was him with an old Sears and Roebuck girdle catalog, or a five buck handjob from a crack ho.

I am still laughing this morning! Larry seems to think that the emails he gets begging for advice are real So many of them are people I know of catfishing his balding chubby rear end.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids