Headbutted and Leaking
Last year when we were here. The weather looks the same, rainy and gross. But we do have a good view of the "Fountain of Juice" health bar.
Raining up a storm here. Thunder, lightening and just Jim and I on the dead volcano. The hotel staff went home. It is just he and I here now and it's eerie. The roof is leaking in this stupid fancy villa and I have a headache.
Last night after posting I did myself an unsolid. I slipped in the shower, headbutted the shower gel dispenser mounted on the wall and fell, wrenching the stupid back again. Ugh~ Ouch! Bedtime and the worst book I've ever read on a political figure.
Isn't vacation supposed to be fun?
Today was a little weird because the hotel staff was just here until 11 am, to check out the other couple. They served us breakfast in the room at 8 am, and that was quite nice. I am always down to eat one of their huge Tico breakfasts here.
The usual breakfast here served in the restaurant. Now that's a lot of food!
We spent a lot of time with Roy, a friend of ours that owns a business here. We've been talking about going into business with him for some time now, and it looks like it's going to happen now.
I got my 34th wedding anniversary present, seeds for the garden. Actually, that's a joke. Jim said that handing me the bag. Like I have stated here a million times sometimes you have to go to a pile of stores to find simple things. I needed seeds because when I planted my garden frame only the tomatoes and sweet potatoes came up. I wanted sunflowers and a few other veggies, and have been frustrated by the dearth of seeds. Most of the seeds I had were apparently old. We'll see. I'm planting watermelon, radishes and squash too
With the exception of the huge hardware store and the chocolate shop nearly every thing in town is shut. We didn't even find an open restaurant and damn, do I want pupusas. Nibbling again back at the hotel. After we got ice cream and coffees at the chocolate shop the lady gave me a bag filled with rapidly going out of date handmade chocolates. Very nice of her. And to think I was merely thrilled to find my favorite Tico ice cream, rum fruits, fruits soaked in rum and added to leche ice cream.
We're heading out in the morning and heading over to Sarchi. Raining too hard for Sarchi today.


Comments