Another Easter Eve

A long ago Easter. I miss my things sometimes.

We did nothing today, largely nothing. Jim swam. The pool guys showed up and I had to tell them my 'Holas' from behind the glass since I am quarantined. Still no word on my Covid 19 test from the Health Dept.

Just another illustration of something you must get used to when you move to Costa Rica, The "Manana" - being told something will happen tomorrow or the next day, but the reality is that it happens when it happens, when they get around to it. Slowly sloth-like. As I keep reminding Jim when things happen like it took a month to get our internet repaired.

 To quote Jimmy Butter

"People get by and people get high... in the tropics they come and they go"

It is funny how much things can change in your life. This would be the 24th anniversary of the Easter Eve where I chewed out Mormon missionaries for calling at 10 pm. I had been on a month of steroids for my asthma (of course!) was shaking as a result, shaking and surly trying to roll up a squirming 4 year olds hair and hem a dress. A stressed out fundamentalist/evangelical momma trying to do everything perfectly and failing miserably.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids